Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-29-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2008 Itasca Navion, 24 foot. It looks like the place they intended for storage of the sewer hose is a nice carpeted little spot that I would like to keep clean to store other things. I would like to mount a PVC pipe underneath the coach somewhere to store the hose. Since the flange of the hose is greater than 4 inches I will need to install a 5 inch PVC pipe (thinwall) somewhere under the coach. Anyone else do this? Any thoughts?
Also, the sewer line hookup on the coach is hard to get to so I put a cleanout fitting on it to make it stick down farther. That makes it easier to get to.
Dan Blanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2008 Itasca Navion, 24 foot. It looks like the place they intended for storage of the sewer hose is a nice carpeted little spot that I would like to keep clean to store other things. I would like to mount a PVC pipe underneath the coach somewhere to store the hose. Since the flange of the hose is greater than 4 inches I will need to install a 5 inch PVC pipe (thinwall) somewhere under the coach. Anyone else do this? Any thoughts?
Also, the sewer line hookup on the coach is hard to get to so I put a cleanout fitting on it to make it stick down farther. That makes it easier to get to.
Dan Blanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:18 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Camping World sells such a tube designed specifically for hose storage.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Don, I mounted two thin wall drain/sewer pipes in my LP compartment. One in front of the tank and one to the rear of the tank. Not an "ideal" location (opposite side of coach) but it was the only location that I could access easily. Take a look at your LP Comp.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

It looks like two of the models have slides. If you have one on those you might try mounting the tube under the slide. That works well on my Sightseer.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will need to install a 5 inch PVC pipe (thinwall) somewhere under the coach. Anyone else do this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan, I have a length of 5" (4" ID), ABS pipe, mounted transversly at the rearunderneath on my 04 Adv. I drilled 1/2" holes in the bottom, approx 5" o/c.. Home Depot/Lowes etc. Not only does it keep my compartments clean and dry, but it allows the hose to quickly dry..,Not much of a description, but I mounted it to some 1"x1" angle bolted to the trailer hitch receiver hitch flanges. One leg of the angle is horiz., giving me a surface to attach 2 strap half loops around the tube.. I have access to welding equip, but I done see why this couldn't be a bolt on. Its durable, 3 years now, clean, and handt. Mine is 96 " long, and holds 20" (2x10") lengths, with their clamps.. NO hard fixtures tho..Hope this makes sense...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:00 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Before I discovered that CW sold a storage tube, I made one out of perforated drain pipe. I capped it with a threaded ABS fitting. I had to pop rivet them together as the glue didn't bond the two materials (ask me hoe I know). It works OK but the CW solution seems much easier.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I actually keep my 20ft hose coiled up in a 5gal. bucket from the hardware store. Takes care of the hose plus gives me a bucket for other uses.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I do not know what the chassis is like under the Navion.

But I used a piece of 4" PVC pipe strapped with screw clamps and nylon ties under the frame near the hitch on our Aspect on a E-Ford 450.

I keep 20' section of hose with fittings on it.
I put holes on the end caps for drain and venting. I have done the same thing on past class A's I have owned.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Clay L

I have a Sightseer 35N also. I'm interested in your suggestion about storage under the slide.

Could you give me a little more explanation?

Thanks.
laplatarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:47 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

I actually have two of the CW tubes (Camco brand I think) mounted side by side under the slide. I put the tubes in the storage bay, marked the hole locations, drilled holes through the floor of the bay, dropped 1/4 inch bolts with flat washers through the holes and mounted the tubes underneath.
The tubes are just about even with the back end of the slide. Easy access when the slides are out.

If I was doing it again I would use stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:26 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

My '05 Suncruiser has a place for the sewer hose in the utility compartment. Slip the end of the hose into a hole. The sewer connector that came with the coach fits perfectly in there. In the bottom of the hole is a rubber flapper valve that lets any water, that is in the hose, drain out on the ground. I thought all Winnebagos had this feature.

I can post a photo if anyone whats to see how this is intended to be used.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Tom, if it wouldn't be too much trouble I'd like to see your set-up. My 01 Suncruiser is relatively new to me so I may have missed something. Thanks.

Workhorse Chassis
Norm3206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Clay L,

Thanks for the reply. I'll take another look at that location.

Thanks.
laplatarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Norm3206:
Tom, if it wouldn't be too much trouble I'd like to see your set-up. My 01 Suncruiser is relatively new to me so I may have missed something. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not certain when Winne incorporated this feature but I did get a sewer hose and quick connectors, that fit in this drain hole, with my Suncruiser. Winnebago calls it the QuickConnect. The connector in the photo is not the one from Winnebago. Excuse the dirty compartment. Haven't cleanup yet form winter in FL.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Great pictures Tom. Thanks. I'll have a look when I get mine out of storage next week.

Workhorse Chassis
Norm3206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:32 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Norm3206: Your 01 Suncruiser will not have this hole or indent for the hose fitting. I have an 01 Suncruiser, I resorted to a large plastic container with lid to store all my hoses and sewer fittings in. I throw one of those toilet deoderizers in with them to keep the odor under control. Not the best set up, but it doesn't work too bad.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote