Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2001 journey and was wondering if anyone has a sewer hose carrier on there Rig. I just picked up one today at the local hardware store and cant find a good locate under the motorhome to mount it.If someone has this on there Rig can they let me know were would be a good location to mount it.Thanks Ron

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2001 journey and was wondering if anyone has a sewer hose carrier on there Rig. I just picked up one today at the local hardware store and cant find a good locate under the motorhome to mount it.If someone has this on there Rig can they let me know were would be a good location to mount it.Thanks Ron

Celebration Florida
Old 05-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I put mine in a empty five gallon pool chlorine bucket. It fits two ten foot hoses and a few extra attachments. It also has a screw on lid so it seals up nice. I put it in one of my side compartments with a box of gloves right on top of it.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thankyou for getting back to me.The hole idea of me putting the sewer carrier under the Rig is to free up the compartment with the hoses and to get rit of the smell it leaves in the compartment. The sewer carrier needs to be mounted outside so it can be vented.Again thankyou for replying back to me Ron.

Celebration Florida
Old 05-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I don't have a Journey but I have the StorMor compartment under the long slide as does the Journey and I mounted a carrier under the compartment. I put the heads of the mounting bolts inside the compartment.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

CLAY: Great idea, I have been looking for a good place to mount a storage tube for a long time, never could find a satisfactory place on the frame. I am off to get that tube. Thanks.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I've been pondering the same thing to get the hose/s out of the compartment. I did see a Journey at Ocean Lakes in MB with a tube mounted crosswise at the rear of the rig but I never did get around to really checking how it was done. I like the idea of mounting it under the stor-mor.

Clay. Was ground clearance a problem once you mounted the tube under the compartment?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:38 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
I've been pondering the same thing to get the hose/s out of the compartment. I did see a Journey at Ocean Lakes in MB with a tube mounted crosswise at the rear of the rig but I never did get around to really checking how it was done. I like the idea of mounting it under the stor-mor.

Clay. Was ground clearance a problem once you mounted the tube under the compartment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not with my rig, but I don't have air supension so it doesn't drop down when parked like the Journey does. Still the tube is only about 4 inches or so and I wouldn't think it would be a problem.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I checked the rear of my jounery.It looks like it would be a good place to put it.I would have to mount it to the bottom of my trailer hitch. It would be out of the way but sitting very close to my muffle I would be afraid that with it being that close that it would burn or melt.I am going out to see if there is a way that I can make it fit on the bottom of my livingroom slide.It is amazing on how a 64 inch hose carrier can be so diffcult to find a spot for. Ron

Celebration Florida
Old 05-08-2007, 05:53 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

CLAY L: May I ask what your storage tube dimensions are?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Northern Tool has this kit for a sewer pipe storage system.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Ron,

Heaven forbid you ever need to be towed (I have been towed 3 times between 2 coaches), but if you do have to be towed, you have very little clearance between the bottom of your hitch and the ground, when the front end of your coach is cranked up in the air.

Better think this one through before you mount your holder below the hitch. You will be surprised how little ground clearance you have left when the nose of your coach points north!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:17 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
CLAY L: May I ask what your storage tube dimensions are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's about 5 1/4 inches dia by 64 inches long.
It's the one that Camping World sells and has mounting brackets that make it easy to mount.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:17 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Yo Ron, had the same dilemma with my rig. Wasn't too keen on slinging anything under the rig so i ended up mounting two sewer pipes(the ones with holes)in the propane comparpment. The pipes extend from just behind the door to the frame rail. Opposite side of the coach, but i only keep the long hoses over there and still store a short one in the drain compartment. Of course, if your propane comp is boxed in this would not be a solution. Hope this helps.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

CLAY L: Thanks for the information, we are working on it now. Homer
Old 05-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

I have a very cheap, Rube Goldberg-type sewer hose carrier on my Suncruiser. It's not pretty, but no one can see it except from underneath.

First, I used Ty-wrap plastic wire ties to attach two 7' 1"X2" wooden strips to the framework on my rear overhang. To them I strapped two 7' corrugated black plastic drain hoses - the kind with slots cut in them - for air circulation. On the passenger side there is a Ty-Wrap through the hose to keep the sewer hose from going out that end. Driver's side has a velcro strap to keep the hoses in. In each I can store a connected 10' and 20' sewer hose. Whith the compartment doors closed the carriers are hardly noticeable. Very simple and inexpensive.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote