Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
Site Team

Sani-Con installed... again

On my previous RV (Forest River 31' Class C) I had installed a Sani-Con Macerator dump system. I removed it when I traded that RV in. Then when we bought our new Adventurer Class A last July I decided to hold off on reinstalling it for a while.

After using the "stock" dump system for a while I actually went farther away from the Sani-Con and installed the Waste Master system. When you install the Waste Master you cut off the standard bayonet hose tabs on the dump pipe and permanently glue on a new cam lock connector in its place.

The Waste Master system worked OK - it was almost as expensive as the Sani-Con - but the more I used the RV the more I missed the ease and cleanliness of the Sani-Con.

Waste Master sells an adapter to switch back to a standard bayonet hose connection and that's what my "twist-on" Sani-Con required. So, I gave it a try.

First, the Sani-Con in its normal configuration wouldn't fit. So, I planned on mounting it remotely and running a short 3" dia sewer hose between the dump pipe and the Sani-Con. But that looked problematic and I could see gray water collecting in the short sewer hose.

Then I remembered that the "twist-on" Sani-Con was available in a 90 degree right angle version and that's when it dawned on me that I could simply use a 90 degree adapter to turn the whole system on it's side and configure it so all fluids would run downhill and not pool anywhere.

It was an easy process from that point on and I finished the install and the wiring today.

For those that have never used a macerator dump system I'm sure you'll see no point in going to all this trouble. After all the 3" Dump Hose system has worked for decades and while a hassle is not a really problem.

But those that have used a macerator dump system know how quickly, easily and cleanly you can take care of this less than pleasant task when you have a macerator installed. There's a reason the most expensive motorhomes have these built in as standard equipment.

I'm realistic. I know things like this can go wrong. So, I have set up the system to be quickly and easily removed if any problems occur - and I'll carry one old style sewer hose as a backup in case there are any problems.

Here's a photo of the system, with the small 27' expandable hose in my utility cabinet - and I even have an extra unused 27' extension hose in there too for those times when the dump is too far away.

PS. A bonus of this system is it can pump up to 100' away and uphill. That's one of the great features and I have a dedicated 100' hose at the side of my home so I can dump and clean my tanks at home using a sewer clean out when needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2794.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	169934  

Tags
install, led