Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Oxygenics shower head issue

When installing the oxygenics shower head upgrade to my new 2015 25B Minnie Winnie I noticed the wall mount does not securely adhere to the shower wall. The shower wall is very flexible and the new shower head is much heavier than the oem head. I tried a different adhesive tape and it still failed. I could not detect any support studs behind the shower wall to enable me to drill screws for fastening. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was considering using 5200 but that might be overkill and would not lend itself to removal in the future. Please help!
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

What is the wall behind the shower stall? Is it closet space, an outside wall, or what? Do you have access to the space with a hatch or opening to get to the plumbing? Those things could help determine on if you can drill into something to anchor the wall mount.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The shower stall is next to an exterior wall. The stall is installed in the rear corner of the coach on the drivers side. No access to that area.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

In my case I re-used the factory mount.

But you basically have two options.. You may be able to slip a board up behind it from the access portal for the plumbing

or there are hollow wall anchors..Some of them work very well, but on that flimsey plastic.. I'm not sure I'd wish to use them.

IF your orginal shower head was a Fixed type as opposed to a hand held you can get a device that mounts on the pipe.. Most hardwares have 'em. The handle sits in the clip.. standard size all the way.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #5
GG1
Winnie-Wise

I returned ours for that reason its much bigger and heavier. If I want more pressure I switch on the pump with the city water when I shower.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

You mentioned 'adhesive tape' and then wondered if 5200 would work. If the bracket and surface you're trying to fasten it to are plastic, another adhesive might work. I'd outline the spot you want the hanger to be and rough the surface up with fine sandpaper. Then test a cement made for plastics on the bracket and the roughed up spot. You want a solvent that actually melts the plastic, creating a 'weld.' Perhaps modeler's plastic glue is all you need.

If the back of the bracket is flat, a stronger double-sided foam tape might also work. 3M makes a variety of different strength adhesives on their foam tape, from temporary to permanent grade. *Â*Foam Tape

Bob & Donna
Old 06-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
I returned ours for that reason its much bigger and heavier. If I want more pressure I switch on the pump with the city water when I shower.
But the whole idea behind the Oxygenics shower is it provides the feel of more flow without using more water! Of course you could just increase water flow, (pressure) but you'll fill up your grey tank and empty your water tank faster!!

Bob & Donna
Old 06-05-2015, 12:08 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I stopped by McClains yesterday and the service guy gave me some adhesive that Winnebago uses at the factory. I applied the adhesive with two self taping stainless screws, to prevent the shear action on the adhesive, and it seems to be holding great and is not deforming the shower bulkhead. Thank you McClain's.

Tags
shower