Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No pressure in the fresh water system

Hello,
I have a winnebago journey dl and i'm from belgium
there is nobody who takes care of this kind of motorhome
I have recently a problem: I don't have pressure in my fresh water system..
When i open the faucet, the water flows but very slowly without pressure..
And the pump is always on, even when i close the faucet.

I have try to read the manual but they don't say what to do when you have this problem..

Someone can help me please??

Thank you very much

Max
monax_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the iRV2 forum. You will probably get more informed replies than I can give, but it sounds like there is no water in the pump. This could be caused by an empty tank or a leaking hose or pump that is letting air into the hoses or pump, which is then pumped through the system instead of water. Do you have good water pressure when connected to an external source of water? Do you see any signs of leakage around the water pump?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Or it could be an "in-line" filter that is clogged
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

My tank water is full.. And water go out of my faucet but without pressure..
May be some air go in my pipes but i cheked all of it and there are good tight..
It appeared suddenly..
Is it possible that when i have open the pipes some air go on and now the air is always in? How can i put the air out?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
I helped | retired moderator

If you have a valve to fill your water tank, leaving it in the fill position will do exactly what you describe. In the fill position, the pump just recycles water to the tank.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
Or it could be an "in-line" filter that is clogged
It appeared suddenly.. May be but I doubt. I will look
Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
If you have a valve to fill your water tank, leaving it in the fill position will do exactly what you describe. In the fill position, the pump just recycles water to the tank.
sorry but i don't understand, i'm belgian..
Speak with simple words please..
Thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
I helped | retired moderator

When you have a hose connected to fill the water tank, is there a valve that allows water to fill the tank?

Some motorhomes have a valve that either fills the tank or directs the water into the plumbing system so you don't use water from your tank.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Yes i have a "joystick" and i can turn it, either have the water of my tank or to put a hose and have directly the water from outside of the motorhome.. And the joystick is turn to my tank.. And my tank is full..
Old 01-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

That is most likely your problem. Move the joystick to the other position and try it. The fill position is just for filling, and should be closed to the other position after filling the tank.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #11

Regarding water systems in a coach, there are two. Both of them use the same delivery pipes, hot & cold.

The first system uses shore water and pressure to deliver water to your faucets. This system does not use your on-board pump to maintain water pressure. To use this system, you need to have a water hose connected to a permanent water supply and then to the inlet side of your water system on your coach. There may or may not be a 2 way valve that needs to be turned to the "city water" setting.

The second system is your on-board water supply system which uses a fresh water supply tank to supply water to your pipes. It also uses a pressure pump to deliver the water to the faucets. To fill this tank there may be 2 methods, one from the 2 way valve by moving the valve to "Tank Fill" or the second is using a hose and inserting it into the "Fresh Water" fill opening. Once the tank is full you can turn the valve back to "City Water" so that you don't over fill the tank. Now to use the on-board water, you switch on the "water pump" switch which will pressurize the water lines and eventually will turn the pump off when it reaches the correct pressure.

If the water pump continues to run, then you may have a water leak somewhere. Any air in the system will be evacuated from the water pipes when you open all of the faucets one at a time or all of them at the same time, until only water is running and no air is coming out of the faucet.

To check where the possible leak is, if you have a water distribution block where all of the hot & cold water goes through before going to the coach faucets, you can close each one, one at a time, first the cold ones, then the hot ones, to see when the pump turns off. Once you have found the correct system, then you can go look for the leak in that part of the coach.

The water coming out of the pump should have correct pressure if the pump is working correctly. If the pressure is not correct, then it may be a defective pump with leaking internal seals not allowing the pump to reach the correct pressure.

I know this is a long post but I wanted to try and give you as much information to go on as possible.

Good luck !!

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: I think the clue to your problem is that the water pump runs all the time. This usually happens when there is a leak between the tank and the pump. Water is sucked from the tank by the pump. If there is a leak you will suck air, not water. One common failure is a plastic filter just before the pump. Or perhaps the pump itself is leaking and must be replaced.

Is your native language French or Flemish. My wife speaks French and I'm fluenet in German. Wir könnten uns auf Deutsch unterhalten.

Good luck, Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirko View Post
Hi Ho: I think the clue to your problem is that the water pump runs all the time. This usually happens when there is a leak between the tank and the pump. Water is sucked from the tank by the pump. If there is a leak you will suck air, not water. One common failure is a plastic filter just before the pump. Or perhaps the pump itself is leaking and must be replaced.

Is your native language French or Flemish. My wife speaks French and I'm fluenet in German. Wir könnten uns auf Deutsch unterhalten.

Good luck, Dirk
Ma langue native est le français.. Malheureusement je ne sais pas parler allemand, j'aimerais apprendre. Comment se fait-il que votre femme parle français? Vous habitez aux USA?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
That is most likely your problem. Move the joystick to the other position and try it. The fill position is just for filling, and should be closed to the other position after filling the tank.
This is my guess too.

You are trying to fill the tank from the tank. Pump runs and runs. Tank doesn't get any fuller.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by monax_10 View Post
sorry but i don't understand, i'm belgian..
Speak with simple words please..
Thanks
Where are you located? I am sure there is an RV repair shop nearby that would, for a small fee, go through the various systems in the rig. OR, you might go to the person you bought it from. Certainly he owes you that much. whether private or commercial dealer.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by monax_10 View Post
Yes i have a "joystick" and i can turn it, either have the water of my tank or to put a hose and have directly the water from outside of the motorhome.. And the joystick is turn to my tank.. And my tank is full..
Move the "joystick" to the "put a hose" position and try the pump again.

If it is in the fill position it will be moving the water through the tank (recirculating) and the pressure will be low.

I do not speak French, but see if this works:

Tournez la vanne de remplissage (joystick) pour la «ville» ou non combler le poste et essayez à nouveau. Si le joysstick est en position de remplir la pompe ne fonctionnait pas très bien. N'utilisez que la position de remplissage pour remplir le réservoir, puis tournez de nouveau à la postiion tuyau.

Answer in English please.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Déplacez le joystick vers l'autre position et l'essayer. La position de remplissage est juste pour le remplissage, et doit être fermé à l'autre poste après le remplissage du réservoir.

S'il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir si vous avez un solutioin à votre problème. Si vous continuez à poser des questions, quelqu'un aura une réponse.

Wow! On pourrait penser que je parlais français. J'utilise le traducteur Google
(Wow! You would think I spoke French. I'm using the google translator)
Old 01-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Déplacez le joystick vers l'autre position et l'essayer. La position de remplissage est juste pour le remplissage, et doit être fermé à l'autre poste après le remplissage du réservoir.

S'il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir si vous avez un solutioin à votre problème. Si vous continuez à poser des questions, quelqu'un aura une réponse.

Wow! On pourrait penser que je parlais français. J'utilise le traducteur Google
(Wow! You would think I spoke French. I'm using the google translator)
I will check everything you tell me this week-end because on the week i don't have time to that..
Your french is understandable but the grammary is not correct but i understand what you want to say.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
Where are you located? I am sure there is an RV repair shop nearby that would, for a small fee, go through the various systems in the rig. OR, you might go to the person you bought it from. Certainly he owes you that much. whether private or commercial dealer.
I buy it in Germany and that is far for me to go there.. It was a second hand.. The man had it since 1 year.

Near my home, the commercial dealer is for European Motorhome.. There are little compared my winnebago and they can't me help..

I will looking for this week-end and i tell you how is it.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

You should also check out the Manuals & Diagrams available on the Winnebago site--they have full plumbing, wiring, and parts information available for each model.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote