Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sorry to ask another water heater problem topic, but when I search, I find issues with NO water coming out. We get water, just not hot. There IS hot water in the heater, it just doesn't find it's way to the faucets. This started a few days ago, but we had hot water in all faucets except the shower. Now, we have none anywhere.

Any ideas??
joatmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Sorry to ask another water heater problem topic, but when I search, I find issues with NO water coming out. We get water, just not hot. There IS hot water in the heater, it just doesn't find it's way to the faucets. This started a few days ago, but we had hot water in all faucets except the shower. Now, we have none anywhere.

Any ideas??
Old 09-23-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

It sounds like the selector for your Hwater bypass is in the wrong position. If it's in Bypass you'll get cold water to the faucets..
You could have hit the lever or something..
If it was a check valve you wouldn't get ANY water to the hot side
Good luck!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info!

The bypass was in the correct position. I drained (again) the tank and flushed it. Now we have hot water to the sinks, all three, but just barely warm to the shower.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

What motorhome do you have? year and model will probably help others give more accurate answers ....
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Oops, sorry. 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 38T
Old 09-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #7

Check your outside shower in the utility compartment and be sure the hot and cold water faucets there are BOTH turned to the off position. IF they are turned to the on position (water being held back only by sprayer handle off/on) you can have hot/cold water mixing there resulting in not so hot water at another fixture(s) in your RV.

BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Well I think my reply was accurate. Sometimes the easiest is over looked!
Now it could be the mixer valve at the shower hot/cold selector.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:44 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

The outside shower has both faucets turned off. Great suggestion, just not the problem. LOL

Thanks for all the suggestions.....keep'em coming as I just know it has to be a relatively simple fix.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We had barely hot water at the shower, but hot at rest of the faucets, too. If you have a Moen shower valve, give them a call. Their faucet mixer valves are guarenteed (no cost to replace) for the original owner. They first sent us a rebuild kit which has the directions/tools to remove the valve and rebuilding parts. After the rebuild hot water only came out for barely two showers. So they sent us a whole new valve which was just put in this past weekend, but we haven't had a chance to take several showers. The faucet does seem to be working again, since it doesn't have to be turned on all the way just to get barely warm water. Moen says the problem is that the faucet is not used often enough. This also happens to faucets in vacation homes, and home bathrooms that aren't used very much. There is a balancing spool that gets stuck even though everything inside the valve looks clean when you take it apart.

2005 Winnebago Adventurer 33V
Old 09-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

BINGO! Cheryl

Also, If you have hard water the lime builds up on the check valves especially at the Hot Water and faucet valves. If this is the case invest in a Water Softner. We winter in AZ and used one now for 2 years and haven't had problems.