Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Need Help: Winterizing is filling my fresh water tank

I just bought a 2003 Itasca Suncruiser 35U. So I'm winterizing, the pump keeps running and it is filling my freshwater tank with antifreeze.

I have to be missing something.

Any help would be appreciated
cyclonebax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

You have a tank fill valve to fill your tank when hooked to city water it's open
Old 10-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightriderrv
You have a tank fill valve to fill your tank when hooked to city water it's open

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightriderrv View Post
The choice on my valve is city fill or water tank fill.

I think I started to winterize on water tank fill. which filled the fresh water tank. Now I have it on city fill and I get pressure from the faucets, but pump does not stop running.

Next step I will try is to see if antifreeze is still moving through the pump. If it's not, I may have a suction leak. If it is, something is still not right. I have not seen any leaks on the pressure side.

Thanks for the help
cyclonebax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

If you have the owners manual consult section 7. It describes all the components in the plumbing systems and goes through the winterization process. If you don't have the manual you can download it from the Winnebago website.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...Suncruiser.pdf
Old 11-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I own a new to me 2001 Suncrusier 32V and I would like to winterize it myself. This would be my first attempt at doing it myself.

I have the manual and think it is pretty straight forward but any suggestions would be helpful.

The one thing I need to know is what kind of compressor is recommended and who to purchase it from and suggested cost of such unit.

THANKS
ESW
doit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

The most recent FMCA magazine discusses winterization ...

There is a video for winterizing a class B ..

==> Watch video

It gives answers to your question about air compressor and pressure

I have a class A ... I winterize it without air pressure using the pink stuff ... it takes about 2 gallons to winterize the lines ... and another gallon for the traps

I just let the faucets flow until it is VERY pink ... I could probably winterize with one gallon if I used air first ... I have been winterizing this way since 1999 and have had no problems.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

With our coach the valve is to be set to tank fill but there is a valve that must be closed to prevent the antifreeze from going into the tank. It is called the winterizing valve. Check the lines and try to visualizes which line leads to the fresh tank then find and close the valve.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

On mine, it takes AT LEAST 7 gallons to be remaining in the fresh water tank to be able to circulate through the pump without it sucking air ... when MH is on the level.....
I add 12 gallons through the intake hose into the tank to start ( $30 of pink stuff but job gets done right) With the 12 gallons in there, I can run it thru all the lines, faucets,inside and outside shower, and ice cube maker.....and be assured all traps are also full of it....
When "unwinterizing it, I drain the antifreeze still in the fresh water tank through a funnel back into jugs for following years use.. ( any antifreeze still in the fresh water tank is new, undiluted, still perfectly good for re-use.)

Tags
tank, water