Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skigramp View Post
Is it possible that a new "kit" for the existing valve will solve the problem without a total replacement of the valve?

That would be my first attempt to solve the problem.
I agree. If you have the single knob type shower control the cartridge needs to be replaced. It should be a temperature control type. The manufacture is probably Moen and the part may be free from them.

Rick Y
Old 10-21-2014, 01:12 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I bought the Moen L82691 from Home Depot. Turns out its still available from Lowe's as well. I pulled the plate off the front of the old out. Its not a Moen, and I don't think its factory. The valve has innie's on it, the new one had outies on it for where the water hooks up. It's going to be a major mess to replace I think. So I pulled the guts out of it, took it to my local plumbing store and got the guts and little seals behind it for $15 bucks. Put it back together and will test next weekend when I use the coach and have the hot water going.

Took the $90 Moen part back to Home Depot for now.

mac '1/6th the cost' gyvr

Tags
install, need help, shower, water