Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #21
Administrator Emeritus

I like Paul's idea.....I'm stayin' where it's warm when I'm in the coach...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

We picked up our current rig in Rockford, Il in early Feb. last year. While it was not brutally cold there or anywhere on the trip home, there was never a problem with anything freezing up. Actually, it was a fun and cozy trip back to Virginia. I would not hesitate to venture out in colder weather in the rig but would not plan a vacation in northern climates, for sure.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:51 PM   #23
Administrator Emeritus

You guys are in snow now in the Roanoke area aren't ya ranger?
Old 01-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all the responses. You guys are great!!. I know when we do go, it should be pretty cold. I personally think our seasons have shifted one month later than what we normally see. I know this is true in San Diego as Sept./Oct. seems to be the HOT time of year where it used to be Aug./Sept.. Therefore we're looking at driving in weather during late February that we would normally see in late January in Forest City, Iowa which by averages seems to be in the single digits for the low. Is everyone confused yet?

Anyhow, the dealer e-mailed me on Friday and asked whether I wanted the coach winterized and I said to "play it by ear and go with your gut feeling at the time". He said that was a good idea.

By the way, Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City is a GREAT dealer to work with. I got just over a 27% discount and he plans to do a full PDI with a combination of our PDI list and his PDI list prior to our arrival. Then, he's going to do another PDI (both his and ours) with us when we arrive before any of the paperwork/money is exchanged. He also will keep our coach in a heated bay at his dealership from the time he gets it on February 2nd until we pick it up on the 23rd. Since Winnie is a mile away from his place, he will get all warranty work done prior to our arrival that showed up on the initial PDI. Couldn't ask for much better than that..

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:55 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

BigTrace: The motoraid heater is a series of heating coils wrapped around the water heater tank. The coils are filled with engine coolant to heat the water while traveling without having to use the propane.
On our coach the system is also used to provide auxillary heat to the front of the coach. There is fan in the ductwork that transfers air heated by the coils to the front floor register. The fan is controlled by a switch on the dash labeled Auxillary Heat.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:50 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> There is fan in the ductwork that transfers air heated by the coils to the front floor register. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On my 2006 gasser the Motoraide heat is ducted to all the floor registers, not just the front. Works very well and I travel in shorts and short sleeve shirt most of the time.

In my old Vectra the Motoraide heater was under the bed and had it's own single duct pointed towards the bathroom. But it worked well also in the 34' coach.

Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #27

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> There is fan in the ductwork that transfers air heated by the coils to the front floor register. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On my 2006 gasser the Motoraide heat is ducted to all the floor registers, not just the front. Works very well and I travel in shorts and short sleeve shirt most of the time.

In my old Vectra the Motoraide heater was under the bed and had it's own single duct pointed towards the bathroom. But it worked well also in the 34' coach.

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the motoraid is ducted to all the floor registers. It MAINLY comes out the front one though....Im thinking about getting a adjustable register for the front one to push that hot air (from the motoraid) back to the rear ones.....I can hear a magnetic or metal door open somewhere near the front floor ductwork when I turn on the motoraid fan on high.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:09 AM   #28
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hikerdogs:
BigTrace: The motoraid heater is a series of heating coils wrapped around the water heater tank. The coils are filled with engine coolant to heat the water while traveling without having to use the propane.
On our coach the system is also used to provide auxillary heat to the front of the coach. There is fan in the ductwork that transfers air heated by the coils to the front floor register. The fan is controlled by a switch on the dash labeled Auxillary Heat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What everybody has said is correct......The switch is only on GAS coachs.

2006 Winnie Voyage Specs

From specs... Water Heater 6-gallon electronic ignition w/motoraid & auto heater,

BigTrace awaits delivery of a diesel coach which will have the benefit of motoraid for the water heater,but no auxilliary switch or fan for heat distribution.
Specs for my Vectra and for his coach only say "Motoraid"...