Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Micro Minnie 2108 DS Where’s my freshwater tank shutoff valve or cap

I’ve got a Micro Minnie 2108 DS. When I fill the gravity fill freshwater tank the water just drains out the bottom from the clear tube in front of the front axle. Is there a valve that I need to close that I’m just not seeing or should their have been a cap on this clear tubing? I have removed every removable panel that I can find in the trailer and I don’t see anything. Maybe there’s just a cap that goes on the tube but if so, it wasn’t there when I bought the trailer. And there is nothing in the owners manuals that show this drain or describe a valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
ScottMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It sounds like an overflow tube for when the tank is full.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

The thing is, the tank is empty and as I fill the tank, the water just drains straight out the bottom. Their is an overflow that runs back up next to the fill hose that would, in theory, drain out the side but it never gets full because it just flows out at the bottom. I thought maybe their should have been a cap on the tube at the bottom but this is my first trailer and I don’t have anything to compare it with. I’m just not sure.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:03 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

We have gone ahead and edited the title of your post to include Micro Minnie 2108 DS and someone should be along soon with the answer to your question.
Please let us know what you learn and the final solution.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
Aspect 30J

Fresh Water ShutOff

I do not have a Micro Minnie...however, my fresh water tank drain fill shutoff is located under the bed. I have to access by raising the bed & reaching underneath to access the shutoff valve.

Also, if you have water filter located near the kitchen faucet, check the panel underneath the filter for low point water shutoff valve as this may be the "tube" you are referencing.

Hope this helps !
MovingMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I truly have looked everywhere for some type of shutoff. I actually am starting to believe that this plastic valve was just never installed. I don’t know this for sure but since there doesn’t seem to be many, if any, other owners having this problem, it makes me think that this valve was just left off from the factory. If it had fallen off I would think that their would at least be crimp marks on the hose from the clamp. I appreciate you guys responses and if anyone has any ideas I’m open to them. I think I’m just going to buy one these shutoff valves and give it a try. Thanks guys!
Old 05-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #7
PIC
Winnebago Owner

pick up the correct size drain cock and install on the end of your darin tube OR better yet call winniew customer service in IN. Bet they'll send you one.
PIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I have the 2108DS (2018) there is a drain valve under the trailer almost behind the steps, about two feet in. Not sure what the tube is that you're seeing. My camper isn't at home right now (furnace issue) but I can check it next week.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Yeah this is a drain tube right behind the steps and in front of the front axle but there is no valve attached to it. I went to the hardware store and bought and installed a shutoff valve on the tube. It stopped the flow of water through the tube but now there is water dripping around the spray foam insulation that surrounds that tube. So my next project will be cutting the foam insulation to find out why it’s leaking. I think this section of the trailer was manufactured on a Friday afternoon.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:25 AM   #10
PIC
Winnebago Owner

is this still under warranty? don't go digging and void any warranty. if it's in for furnace work have them do your drain fitting
PIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:38 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I know this is an older thread, but I found it while looking for my own Fresh Water Tank Drain on my new-to-me 2108DS. Thanks to the advice on here I did find it on the passenger side, in front of the axles, about 12 inches toward center.

I was dismayed to find it looks like the white plastic valve on my 5 gallon AquaTainer. Mine just hangs down. Quarter turn, but opposite of what you would think, horizontal (parallel to ground) is OPEN, and closed is straight in line with the plastic drain tube.

Anyone replace this with something, I dunno...more sturdy?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210104_230049212~2_resize_44.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	494.5 KB
ID:	176706  
Old 01-04-2021, 06:53 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

That doesn't look factory...... Perhaps it's already been replaced by the previous owner? I can understand why you would be looking to upgrade that.....
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, tank