Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Well I thought I had winterized pretty well but I guess not well enough. Water running through the shower straight to the ground under the MH.
2004 Adventurer 33v Does anyone have experience with this? How hard is the fix going to be and is it hard to access?

04 Winnebago 33v
Mortgagehomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Well I thought I had winterized pretty well but I guess not well enough. Water running through the shower straight to the ground under the MH.
2004 Adventurer 33v Does anyone have experience with this? How hard is the fix going to be and is it hard to access?

04 Winnebago 33v
Old 08-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We had a water leak coming from underneath our shower in the winter of 2006 when in Florida and I thought it was from the shower door. I checked out all the plumbing and the shower door and finally discovered it was coming between the shower pan and the shower sidewalls, it needed to be re-caulked with silicone. That solved the problem on ours.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Your trap fittings under shower my have pop loose. I have a small metal vent on face of shower near floor that will allow access.
Road vibrations will loosen all your trap fittings if they were not tight in the first place. One good item to check on new coachs and also your water fittings.
Just so not to upset you I had a sewer drain pipe fall out of floor flange for toilet into the holding tank, they never glued the pipe into the floor flange.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mortgagehomes:
2004 Adventurer 33v Does anyone have experience with this? How hard is the fix going to be and is it hard to access? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuck,

Here is the link to the parts breakdown on your coach:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...04/4wfg33v.pdf

If you go to page 55 it looks like the drain and trap are right behind item #2 089326-02-000 EA GRILLE - FLOOR - HEATING - 9.3" X 5.3" - SOFT WHITE. If that is the case then it should not be a very big problem to deal with. It may be a bit tight and it looks like a short run to the tank but it looks reasonable.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:57 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mortgagehomes:
2004 Adventurer 33v Does anyone have experience with this? How hard is the fix going to be and is it hard to access? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another possibility is the fittings from the supply lines to the back of the shower faucets. Easy and inexpensive repair but sure can leak a lot of water inside the MH; happended to me on a vacation this year. Not much of a leak using 12v water pump but sure got a supprise when hooked up to campground water pressure.

Repair consisted of slicing through the silicon around the faucet handle base and pulling them away from the shower, allowing some access to supply lines. Fittings are grey and 'L' shaped; one of mine was cracked and leaked big time. Bought replacement fittings at Camping World.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

OK, Shower drain fittings had vibrated loose. These are pretty poor quality fittings and it is easy to overtighten even by hand. If it starts leaking again I may have to do an upgrade replacement.
Thanks everyone for the help!

04 Winnebago 33v
Old 09-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

No need to replace fittings just use some teflon tape around threads should tighten up as go as new.
I would check all your trap fittings in coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote