Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Itasca Suncruier 37F, Water Pressure Issues

I'm New here. I have a water pressure issue. I have checked city water pressure 48psi. changed water filter, Replaces water inlet with Backflow preventer. Doesn't matter weather i'm on City Water or Pump I have very low water pressure on all taps, toilets, and Shower. I can't hear any air sucking into system, check coach over and can't find any leaks. Has anyone had these issues and what can I check next. Thnks
FireAgateGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
Site Team

It mat be your whole house filter limiting flow. In an area where you are comfortable with the water quality, try bypassing the whole house filter and see if thee is a difference.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Wondering: What is the year or your rig?

With both city and pump water flow-rate being objectionably low, I'm thinking that each faucet is clogged, individually. At the bath or the kitchen, remove the "ariator" from the faucet and try the flow-rate now. It may be strong.
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

water pressure issues

Thanks for replies. I took filter off and checked all aerators. as well and there is no change in pressure either on city or pump. Still trying to figure out. Thanks
Old 05-05-2017, 11:42 PM   #5
Site Team

I'm stumped (not that it takes much to do that), but I'm hoping others will add ideas.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Water Pressure issues

Yes , I'm totally stumped as well. I have changed everything, except trying to blow system out. and I just have to figure out the best way to be able to blow system out in reverse, so if there is anything in a main line it doesn't migrate further into the system if that's the case.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Water pressure

I assisted a rv'er sometime back and we found a water line kinked after the
Valve which select fill and normal position. Had to dissamble a lot of the bay
To get to it. Was a challenge but solved the problem
Old 05-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

suncruiser water presure issues

Thanks to everybody for their input and help. I solved the issue. After replacing the Backpressure valve on city water inlet, cleaned all aerators on all taps. then blow out the system with air hose and using suction on it made some difference but not much. I then did a flow test by checking time to fill a bowl and then took off the faucet head at kitchen sink and had all kinds of pressure. I bought a new faucet head and low and behold it was the faucet Head. So now I can check all the other faucets in the coach one at a time and replace the faucets. Thanks again everyone for your help. One thing I gained was I now know my whole water system in the coach.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireAgateGuy View Post
Thanks to everybody for their input and help. I solved the issue. After replacing the Backpressure valve on city water inlet, cleaned all aerators on all taps. then blow out the system with air hose and using suction on it made some difference but not much. I then did a flow test by checking time to fill a bowl and then took off the faucet head at kitchen sink and had all kinds of pressure. I bought a new faucet head and low and behold it was the faucet Head. So now I can check all the other faucets in the coach one at a time and replace the faucets. Thanks again everyone for your help. One thing I gained was I now know my whole water system in the coach.
Nice work and thanks for posting what you found. Knowing your coach inside and out is a good thing. Unfortunately it sometimes takes a problem like this before we really understand how the systems work.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:16 PM   #10
WLDGFMS

Wink Just heard another possible fix,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireAgateGuy View Post
I'm New here. I have a water pressure issue. I have checked city water pressure 48psi. changed water filter, Replaces water inlet with Backflow preventer. Doesn't matter weather i'm on City Water or Pump I have very low water pressure on all taps, toilets, and Shower. I can't hear any air sucking into system, check coach over and can't find any leaks. Has anyone had these issues and what can I check next. Thnks
Water pressure issues may be caused by an obstruction in the water tank at the outlet fixture. My excellent mechanic buddy suggested I try disconnect the outlet hose and blowing back on it with just lung pressure or with a compressor. Going to give it a go tomorrow.
WLDGFMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:41 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

There are tons of things that have potential to cause low pressure but since you have not given the info needed to know what your RV has in the plumbing line, it's really hard to say what is most likely the cause. Posting on two different posts but not giving the needed info actually doesn't get much more than guesses as all RV are different.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Do you happen to remember what faucet you bought?
robtperk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, water, water pressure