Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2007, 04:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I can hear it and have looked at the plumbing layout but it is a little difficult to decipher. It shows it behind the winterization cabinet but I can not figure out the access. I just want to service the WP screen in addition I feel like I need to know where everything is in case of problems in the future.
I have a 2006 35A Itasca Sunrise.
Thanks -- Frank O.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I can hear it and have looked at the plumbing layout but it is a little difficult to decipher. It shows it behind the winterization cabinet but I can not figure out the access. I just want to service the WP screen in addition I feel like I need to know where everything is in case of problems in the future.
I have a 2006 35A Itasca Sunrise.
Thanks -- Frank O.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #3

Right under your rear kitchen galley slidout arm. Open the storage door to the left of it (where your winterizing stuff is), and look to the right and you will see a metal covering you can unscrew to get at the pump

PITA!!!!!!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks FR I will dig into it this weekend. I looked in their and decided I did not want to tackle that tonight.
That access looks like a candidate for redesigning making easier/quicker to get into.
Thanks again -- Frank O.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #5

That area will freeze like a ROCK also if you arn't careful. Remove the metal cover between the storage and the pump area and put in a small electric heater facing the pump....
Old 05-04-2007, 04:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

FR:
Do you only plug the heater in when you Winter Camp and/or storage? I will be draining my system for winterizing, instead of using the chemical stuff, using a pressure fitting. Probably will take the lines off the pump if it is accessable to insure drainage.
What is your opinion?
Frank O.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:57 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankO:
FR:
Do you only plug the heater in when you Winter Camp and/or storage? I will be draining my system for winterizing, instead of using the chemical stuff, using a pressure fitting. Probably will take the lines off the pump if it is accessable to insure drainage.
What is your opinion?
Frank O. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Franko, we fully winterize with the Pink stuff from Sep-May...you have to up here. But there has been a couple of trips during the winter that we go with full water, and we use a heater in that compartement and a 100watt trouble light in the sewer compartment. The small elect. heater might be overkill in the water pump area, but we tried nothing in there once with 10 degrees and the pump froze. We might get by with a 100watt bulb in a trouble light in that area also.

I dont use any heaters in the rig in the Winter when stored and winterized.