Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Grey water tank valve pulls WAY out! Help!

So i was trying to empty my grey water tank but when I pulled the handle, it just kept coming out. It is attached to a long wire and the wire just came out for a few FEET. Obviously I need to fix something, but I have no idea where the wire goes or how the dump system works in this.

My Class-C was easy, the valves were just at the end of the tanks!
tommymsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:00 AM   #2
Just Trying to Help

tommymsw-

The plumbing diagram for you 2000 Adventurer 35B is at this link. It shows the valves are immediately behind the sewer "Y" outlet. You may be able to reach them to open by hand.

If you can do that, then it's not difficult to reattach the cable to the valve stem. The cable is held into the stem by a small setscrew that has come loose or fallen out. Insert cable in the stem, tighten setscrew- done!

There's a wealth of information for your coach available in the "Manuals and Diagrams" section of this Winnebago page:

Winnebago Product Information
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up taking the entire front plate of the outside system off. This allows me to (just barely) see what needs to be done. I think the cable just pulled out of the mechanism. I'll just put the cable back in and tighten down the hex screw real tight.

It was NOT FUN though messing around in that area!
tommymsw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water