Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Not knowing how much room you have in the top space over tank but maybe you could some how get some self leveling sealant around that pipe fitting to seal it up.
May need a couple of tries.
Your plumbing sure isn't simple.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

There's just not a lot of space to get to it. I could touch the near edge of it with something about the size and shape of a 12" ruler and that's about it. The pipe is not out of the tank, but apparently it's out of the seal, either that or the seal was never installed properly.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by retmotor View Post
Wait, as you were... on the camper the black water pops up through the shower drain.
Ewwwwwwww...That would be nasty!
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Grey water can smell just as bad as black water. If there isn't any TP floating in the shower, it is probably the grey water.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by retmotor View Post
Well, after examining it repeatedly and thinking about it all morning, I have decided it's not worth tearing into to try and fix. It'd be a lot of work and I have the potential to mess up two other seals on that tank and then the toilet seal on the black tank (my tanks are stacked). I suppose I can do my part to ensure the gray tank never gets completely full or becomes too stinky and it does seem to just leak out into the dump station.

Ah well, there are worse problems to have.
There's a good chance that the drain pipe is broken at tank. This can occur from just the normal viberation and jarring of travel. If it's not prperly fixed and sealed you can get more water in the bay each time the drain is used. I don't know what the floor of your bay is made from, but if there is any wood down there is will eventully rot out. Even if it is a non rotting material you still stand a very good chance of having a mold and mildew problem. That you don't want. All the pipes going into my tanks have been modified to have a flexible joint between the drain pipes and the tank connecters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Lance 815, the shower does in fact share the black tank.

Well, I can see the where the pipe enters the the tank, but just barely. From what I can see, it'd be impossible to get to without removing the entire bathroom floor. I can see the water leak from the tank right where the galley drain enters the tank. The pipe itself is not leaking. From all appearances, the seal between the pipe and the tank failed or was never installed properly.

Where the water runs down into the bay, it's all plastic except for some insulating material that appears to be styrofoam. That's what I can see. I don't believe there is any other materials behind the tanks where I cannot see, but I can't be sure.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

[QUOTE=retmotor;1251234
Well, I can see the where the pipe enters the the tank, but just barely. From what I can see, it'd be impossible to get to without removing the entire bathroom floor. I can see the water leak from the tank right where the galley drain enters the tank. The pipe itself is not leaking. From all appearances, the seal between the pipe and the tank failed or was never installed properly.

Where the water runs down into the bay, it's all plastic except for some insulating material that appears to be styrofoam. That's what I can see. I don't believe there is any other materials behind the tanks where I cannot see, but I can't be sure.[/QUOTE]

My 2004 Chieftain had the same problem. I was able to fix it with a simple hose clamp around the rubber fitting that connects to the top of the tank. The biggest hassle was getting the metal cover jockey'd down far enough to get my arms in above the tank. Now I get no leaks when full ..... just the nasty smell when it backs up into the shower. I don't think this pipe was sealed correctly from the factory as it happened early on, but the hose clamp has worked for the last 7 yrs now.

Good luck,

Bill
Old 07-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I'd love to fix it I just can't see a justifiable way to do so. I believe we have a different type of seal, but with that in mind, I will take a closer look today to see if that's even possible.

Thanks.

Tags
gray tank, gray water, overflow, tank, water