Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
JohnRR,
I'm certainly not the smartest in construction techniques and applications but, I notice that your building is close to being finished and, it has a DIRT floor. Now, 100% of the buildings built out here in So CA, put the slab down first and then the building on top of it. Or, is there a slab under that dirt that I cannot see? Just wondering here.
Scott
We have a very short building season here in the UP so the the building was built over the winter months time frame when I did not have to compete with the higher building costs. The temperatures were always below the freezing mark so the outside of the building was completed first so as to be able to complete the inside up to the point of painting (while heating the insides) then waiting for warmer weather to lay the concrete which involved waiting for continued weather above the freezing point.

I was the first concrete job of the year (only one concrete plant in the area) so they had to spread all the sand out before it was mixed to make sure there were no ice particles in the sand which would have cause air pockets in the finished product.

As you can see in the date stamp it was a long wait until the end of May

Link to build; http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/new-r...ng-106725.html

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

We built a 30X50 for our 40 ft Revolution. Glad we made it 50 ft. As we now have a 43 ft. But it fits ok. As mentioned above, 14 ft. doors are almost necessary. We have a concrete floor, bit no heat. I have installed an exhaust system for the Aqua-heat system, so I do not need to winterize it prior to leaving central Missouri in early January. I keep it connected to 50 amp shore power all the time.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #43
Winnebago Master

We wanted a garage for a long time and finally made it happen. We were told to build it larger than we needed and it was good advice. It is 35 x 50. We park 2 coaches inside with the slides out and plug them each into 50 amp service. Each coach has sewer and water with its own walk through door as well as an automatic overhead garage door. We also installed lighting and a remote gate to enter the property. We love it and it wasn't as pricey as one might think. If anyone would like the info just ask. I will try to attach pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraines View Post
We built a 30X50 for our 40 ft Revolution. Glad we made it 50 ft. As we now have a 43 ft. But it fits ok. As mentioned above, 14 ft. doors are almost necessary. We have a concrete floor, bit no heat. I have installed an exhaust system for the Aqua-heat system, so I do not need to winterize it prior to leaving central Missouri in early January. I keep it connected to 50 amp shore power all the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	33848  
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #44
Winnebago Master

More pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
We wanted a garage for a long time and finally made it happen. We were told to build it larger than we needed and it was good advice. It is 35 x 50. We park 2 coaches inside with the slides out and plug them each into 50 amp service. Each coach has sewer and water with its own walk through door as well as an automatic overhead garage door. We also installed lighting and a remote gate to enter the property. We love it and it wasn't as pricey as one might think. If anyone would like the info just ask. I will try to attach pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	33849  
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
More pics
His and Hers Coaches, with the kids sitting outside.... I like the setup, nice garage.
Deucenut is offline   Reply With Quote