Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

After dewinterizing:adding fresh water to the tank and or hooking up to city water ,and turning on the faucets ,I get a lot of white foam on the hot water side. I heated the tank and still get the white foam..Cold water is just fine,,pump or city hook up either way. What's going on and the cure???? Getting it ready for the new owner.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

After dewinterizing:adding fresh water to the tank and or hooking up to city water ,and turning on the faucets ,I get a lot of white foam on the hot water side. I heated the tank and still get the white foam..Cold water is just fine,,pump or city hook up either way. What's going on and the cure???? Getting it ready for the new owner.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
I get a lot of white foam on the hot water side. I heated the tank and still get the white foam... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is air bleeding out of the water heater tank I believe and the fix if you will is just to simply give it a couple of days of routine operation and it'll clear up all on its own. It happens to me every time I drain down my water heater tank.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Ditto what DriVer Said.
Ace
d.duin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Flip the bypass valve back onto bypass and run clean water through that line. You have antifreeze in the bypass line and it is slowly bleeding out with the hot water from the tank.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Flip the bypass valve back onto bypass and run clean water through that line. You have antifreeze in the bypass line and it is slowly bleeding out with the hot water from the tank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tom, I drain my tank in the summer, no RV anti freeze, still foams up....
Old 04-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Or you could have done like I did last fall, and accidentally let some AF get in the hot water tank!

Took several fills of the tank to get it out of there, and much more running water through the lines in the coach than should have.

Falls into the category of dumb things I know better to do, but always manage to do them anyway!

Hopefully I'll remember come next fall!

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

If you have a washer dryer option and don't have the washer dryer could have anti it pipes going to non-exsistant washer dryer outlets coming back into water system.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #9
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
If you have a washer dryer option and don't have the washer dryer could have anti it pipes going to non-exsistant washer dryer outlets coming back into water system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Roger I have a W/D - still foams.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:40 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Thanks guys you all have come thru again.
.Don't know what worked, ran the tank till cold water came out and flipped the by pass switch back and forth a couple of times and ole no more foam...first time I ever touched the by pass as I always had the dealer use air, until this year and he goofed and used the pink stuff Like Driver said "just use it" and it clears up. Thanks again to the best bunch on the internet. Safe miles
Old 04-03-2007, 05:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
Thanks guys you all have come thru again.
.Don't know what worked, ran the tank till cold water came out and flipped the by pass switch back and forth a couple of times and ole no more foam...first time I ever touched the by pass as I always had the dealer use air, until this year and he goofed and used the pink stuff Like Driver said "just use it" and it clears up. Thanks again to the best bunch on the internet. Safe miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good. I'll add foam is caused by antifreeze, not air in the water heater. There is always an air space at the top of the water heater. If you lose this air space your pop off water heater tank valve will weep water because there is no room for the water to expand when it is heated. If you lose the air in your water heater your heater manual will tell you have to restore this air head space.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #12
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Good. I'll add foam is caused by antifreeze, not air in the water heater. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tom, I haven't run RV anti freeze in my rig in just about 2 years ..... it will foam if I dump the water heater, "I guarantee".
Old 04-03-2007, 06:37 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
I get a lot of white foam on the hot water side. I heated the tank and still get the white foam... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is air bleeding out of the water heater tank I believe and the fix if you will is just to simply give it a couple of days of routine operation and it'll clear up all on its own. It happens to me every time I drain down my water heater tank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BINGO! I get the same foam, and I drain my water heater...its air in the line, folks...
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote