Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Flushing Problems.... (Toilet)

Our toilet in our MH flushes fine EXCEPT, it seems that TP (and other stuff) get caught about 12 to 18 inches down.

It looks like to me the "Stuff" needs to turn towards the "Black Tank" but gets caught at a 90* at the bottom..

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My "Toilet" is on the passenger side and as you know the dump valves are on the drivers side so that puts my holding tank in the middle

Whew that was hard to type.....and keep PC (politically correct)
Old 01-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #2

Toilet 'gravity dumps' directly into shallow end of waste tank which is tapered to other end where drain valves are located.......stuff runs downhill

Because it just 'plops' into tank you need to use more water to cause it to flow towards the deep end.

That means holding toilet flush ball/blade open longer so more water runs down after the TP & Stuff plop.

Plumbing Diagram
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...p34h_plumb.pdf
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Our toilet in our MH flushes fine EXCEPT, it seems that TP (and other stuff) get caught about 12 to 18 inches down.

It looks like to me the "Stuff" needs to turn towards the "Black Tank" but gets caught at a 90* at the bottom..

My "Toilet" is on the passenger side and as you know the dump valves are on the drivers side so that puts my holding tank in the middle

Curious what Winnie you have. Our 35F has two black tanks, whereas the front black tank is shallower and the drain gate is on the driver side (toilet on the passenger side). There is a transfer macerator to transfer goop to the gate). I experienced what you described one time....and one time only. Back washing does not work. The dealer used a high powered flush through the toilet to break up the stuff (mostly tp). In my opinion, just a poor design and macerator takes a very, very, very long time holding and holding the button to transfer.

To solve future issues. No number 2's in the front tank unless absolutely necessary. The front is just for number 1. The back tank is for numbers 1 or 2 and holds a lot more. It is a true gravity tank by design.

One other thing we do after flushing and adding new bio upon leaving a site is pour our ice into one or both tanks. The movement while driving sloshes and cleans the tank before melting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2017, 06:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

X2.. you will probably need to fill the tank with water, let set for several hours to loosen, then flush ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Toilet 'gravity dumps' directly into shallow end of waste tank which is tapered to other end where drain valves are located.......stuff runs downhill

Because it just 'plops' into tank you need to use more water to cause it to flow towards the deep end.

That means holding toilet flush ball/blade open longer so more water runs down after the TP & Stuff plop.

Plumbing Diagram
Old 01-24-2017, 08:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

Plumbing Diagram
Thanks you could very well be right.. We are always in water saving "Mode" even when we have full hook ups. Just talked to wife and we will see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Snake View Post
Curious what Winnie you have. Our 35F has two black tanks, whereas the front black tank is shallower and the drain gate is on the driver side (toilet on the passenger side). There is a transfer macerator to transfer goop to the gate). I experienced what you described one time....and one time only. Back washing does not work. The dealer used a high powered flush through the toilet to break up the stuff (mostly tp). In my opinion, just a poor design and macerator takes a very, very, very long time holding and holding the button to transfer.

To solve future issues. No number 2's in the front tank unless absolutely necessary. The front is just for number 1. The back tank is for numbers 1 or 2 and holds a lot more. It is a true gravity tank by design.

One other thing we do after flushing and adding new bio upon leaving a site is pour our ice into one or both tanks. The movement while driving sloshes and cleans the tank before melting.

We only have 1 tank.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesflhtk View Post
X2.. you will probably need to fill the tank with water, let set for several hours to loosen, then flush ...
"Stuff" is not "Stuck" it moves along as other "Stuff" is added... I truly think that "Old Biscuit" has the right idea as far as adding more water when we flush......
Old 01-24-2017, 05:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Thanks you could very well be right.. We are always in water saving "Mode" even when we have full hook ups. Just talked to wife and we will see

"Stuff" is not "Stuck" it moves along as other "Stuff" is added... I truly think that "Old Biscuit" has the right idea as far as adding more water when we flush......

Well if the "stuff" does not move when flushing with lots of water which starts to back up in the toilet and the tank is pretty full of waste. That seems to be pretty "stuck". I cant really seem to find another word for the situation and required the dealer to blast the stuff loose with a lot more water from the top.

I agree a lot more water needs to utilized for the shallower black tank. Using the shallower tank to just pee in seems to be the best thing to do for the design.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

More Water!

Quote:

We have the same coach with the same 90* bend under the toilet. As others have recommended use lots of water when flushing either paper or solids.

We also use a dish washing pan in the kitchen sink which we then dump down the toilet. Achieves 2 things - 1) saves gray tank capacity, and 2) adds additional water to the black tank, which helps a lot. Also clears the 90* bend.

Also -- I highly recommend using RV safe toilet paper especially with our black tank geometry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusherman View Post
We have the same coach with the same 90* bend under the toilet. As others have recommended use lots of water when flushing either paper or solids.

We also use a dish washing pan in the kitchen sink which we then dump down the toilet. Achieves 2 things - 1) saves gray tank capacity, and 2) adds additional water to the black tank, which helps a lot. Also clears the 90* bend.

Also -- I highly recommend using RV safe toilet paper especially with our black tank geometry.

RV toilet paper is essential for the design. I like your idea of dish washing pan. i use a little ice sometimes.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Before doing number 2, pull up on the flush pedal to add extra water to the toilet bowl. The extra water will help push the stuff down better and add water to the holding tank to help dissolve the solids better. It works for us.
litewave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, toilet