Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Filtered water spigot on sink

The filtered water faucet on my 2004 Meridian is starting to drip, sometimes 1/2 cup during the night, and I was wondering if anyone has replaced theirs? I would assume it can't be repaired. If so where did you get the replacement? I looked at Lowes and all they have is really ugly. Haven't called Lichstein in Forest City yet to see if they have it available, was just trying to find it locally.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
The filtered water faucet on my 2004 Meridian is starting to drip, sometimes 1/2 cup during the night, and I was wondering if anyone has replaced theirs? I would assume it can't be repaired. If so where did you get the replacement? I looked at Lowes and all they have is really ugly. Haven't called Lichstein in Forest City yet to see if they have it available, was just trying to find it locally.

Wagonmaster2
Turn it on with handle in up position. Try cleaning out under with toothpick of something small. Air would be good also if you can get air in there. Something may be holding that rocker up a hair.

Also, from the top position or full on let it snap down hard and see if that shuts it off completely.

Southern California
BZam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:46 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have the same problem, but my faucet has no Up/Down lever, but turns to the right to dispense water. And if I let it "snap" back it seems to drip less. Can this unit (Everpure) be disassembled to be cleaned or install new washers?

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Go on line to the Winnebago parts catalog. If I remember correctly it is year and model specific. Find it yourself. Print the page and have any Winnie or rv parts place order you one. I go that way all the time so I don't have to tell some counter person what I am looking to get and then get the wrong one two or three times.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The stick house unit was leaking so took it apart (as much as possible) and soaked with CLR - no leaks in 3-4 years. The entire unit is 15'ish dollars at Lowes/Home Depot.

Hey Thudman - Hun Driver here. What class UPT & Luke?
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I removed mine and soaked the valve (bottom part) in CLR overnight. Flushed it out, reinstalled and all is well.

RedT in Glendale, AZ
'04 Meridian
'03 Jeep Liberty
M&G Brake System
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudman View Post
I have the same problem, but my faucet has no Up/Down lever, but turns to the right to dispense water. And if I let it "snap" back it seems to drip less. Can this unit (Everpure) be disassembled to be cleaned or install new washers?

Thudman
Sounds exactly like my situation. Lowes used to have the one with the lever that lifts up just like the one in our stick house but now all they had was one with a knob that looks more like a bathroom faucet handle. I've also wondered if it could be disassembled. As hard as it is to reach from under the sink don't know if I want to remove it, try soaking it in something, then re-install it and have it still leak.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Wagonmaster2
Old 03-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

My unit, with the twist on/off lever, leaked. I called the company & they sent me a new one, with the up/down lever, free. This was in Sep 2007.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinCampers View Post
My unit, with the twist on/off lever, leaked. I called the company & they sent me a new one, with the up/down lever, free. This was in Sep 2007.
Do you remember the contact phone number you used, or if not where did you get this information? I don't remember seeing anything any place about the company or how to contact them.
Appreciate any information you might currently have.

Wagonmaster2
Old 03-19-2010, 05:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Replaced mine with a soap dispenser, we never drink CG water, filtered or not...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

I couldn't find my paperwork, but used info from this thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/ever...ips-24082.html
Old 03-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I bought a replacement one that was not an exact match but works better. I found mine at Lowes or Home Depot for $18. It had a little piece of a plastic tube I needed to trim off, but it works and fits perfect. The tubing easily fit to it also.
I just scouted out what the existing one consisted of and made sure I bought one that looked like it worked. The good thing is that you can always return it (before you make any modifications like I did) very easily.

Wife ( real lovely!), 3 Kids, 90 lbs Golden Retriever
OutBurger is offline   Reply With Quote