Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

SEVERAL YEARS AGO THERE WAS A POST ON THIS SAME TOPIC. I JUST HAD THIS BYPASS VALVE REMOVED. REPLUMBED THE PIPES IN ORDER TO CONTINUE TO USE MY WATER SYSTEM. IT FLOODED MY WATER COMPARTMENT UNDER ANY WATER USAGE. THOUGHT AT FIRST IT CRACKED AS I HAVE BEEN IN HIGH ALTITUDES IN NEW MEXICO AND COLD WEATHER, BUT THAT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE THE CASE. THE PART IS CALLED A "DIRECTOVALVE 144A" BY SPRAYING SYSTEMS COMPANY. ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS? KEITH
PULLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

SEVERAL YEARS AGO THERE WAS A POST ON THIS SAME TOPIC. I JUST HAD THIS BYPASS VALVE REMOVED. REPLUMBED THE PIPES IN ORDER TO CONTINUE TO USE MY WATER SYSTEM. IT FLOODED MY WATER COMPARTMENT UNDER ANY WATER USAGE. THOUGHT AT FIRST IT CRACKED AS I HAVE BEEN IN HIGH ALTITUDES IN NEW MEXICO AND COLD WEATHER, BUT THAT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE THE CASE. THE PART IS CALLED A "DIRECTOVALVE 144A" BY SPRAYING SYSTEMS COMPANY. ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS? KEITH
Old 03-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

The bypass valve for winterizing our coach stopped working,,,so I installed a cut off valve in the line leading to the hot water heater,,,,this works and I can still use the automatic winterizing system...

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

PULLY, could you please shut off your CAPTS key I can hear you but I'm going deaf to others its like your shouting at them, thanks.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Sorry about the cap letters. I am not so good at typing. I will be more careful the next time. Keith
Old 03-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The cutoff valve sounds like a good idea. Do you have to have a picture of this? Keith
Old 03-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

The bypass solenoid valve in my coach was replaced under warranty because it wasn't bypassing. The new one didn't work either, so I requested they replace it with a manual bypass valve. I had lots of water leaks in the water compartment during that time too. Eventually found there was a backflow valve that was screwed up on installation, but I kept the manual bypass. The winterizing solenoid valve is still there and works.