Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

This pdf has very good pictures and explains the function of the Donaldson Filtration Vacuator/VacValve.
I anyone has a pipe cap on the drain, it was put there by someone who knew no better. This Vacuator valve not only expels water, it also expels dirt, dust, bugs,etc. that enter the air intake screen before such things can reach the air filter, which also has one.
The actual air piping from the collector to the air filter is about 6" from the bottom of the collector,foreign items fall to the bottom, and are expelled.

This Winnebago webpage diagram clearly shows the intake plumbing: http://catalog.winnebagoind.com/2015/181487.htm
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:26 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
This pdf has very good pictures and explains the function of the Donaldson Filtration Vacuator/VacValve.
I anyone has a pipe cap on the drain, it was put there by someone who knew no better. This Vacuator valve not only expels water, it also expels dirt, dust, bugs,etc. that enter the air intake screen before such things can reach the air filter, which also has one.
The actual air piping from the collector to the air filter is about 6" from the bottom of the collector,foreign items fall to the bottom, and are expelled.

This Winnebago webpage diagram clearly shows the intake plumbing: AIR INTAKE 181487-01-000
It took a bit of finger training but I finally got the view to the correct position. The first thing I had to do was install Cortona in my Firefox browser. I see how the air stack drain is arraigned and drain can duck bill. Seems strange that this would be a problem. I don't have this on my 40U. My drain is at the bottom of the Racor filter.

Thanks for the great post. For those who are in need I am certain this will help.

Rick Y
Old 09-20-2016, 10:07 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Thanks Joopy. Great explanation. My air filter is low as is the intake. The duckbill is at the bottom of the filter. It seems my rig is clear of this recall.

Speaking of recalls... Are you involved in the propane hose recall? I have not seen anything official from Winnebago yet. A notice could be in my mail forwarding box.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
I checked on the propane hose recall some time ago and I was NOT involved. However, Atwood had a recall from last November on their "on-demand" water heater, but neither Winnebago nor Atwood deemed it necessary to notify the owners! I found out about it while searching online for additional info for the on-demand heater. I called Atwood and they confirmed the recall. The recall had to do with some units causing scalding conditions. If anyone reading this has an Atwood on-demand heater, you may want to give them a call.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:57 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

We really should have a "stickie" that provides links to these recall notices. There are three in this thread that might be of interest.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:57 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Sorry to open a dormant thread, but it may be of interest to some yet. I had received the recall from Winnebago last fall. Contacting my dealer they wanted to bring it in to verify the application. Hey stupid, I looked underneath and it needs the recall.

They advised after verifying the need it would have to be ordered and make a second appointment. Bullshit, four 45 mile trips! I called Donaldson and was referred to a local Donaldson dealer, Ohio Cat. It cost about $9.00 for the part and $5.00 shipping, much cheaper than diesel fuel and my time.

So this is just an FYI, if your dealer like mine gives you grief, you can obtain the part yourself and follow the directions stated above. My part number was P522958 yours may vary.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, recall, water