Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

I have a 2004 Itasca Meridian and just noticed the other day that the smaller side sink cover has a small crack about 4-5 inches going in from the corner. Has anyone ever ordered a replacement for the sink covers, or is it impossible to get one to match the original cabinet top? Are these covers available from Winnebago?
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have a 2004 Itasca Meridian and just noticed the other day that the smaller side sink cover has a small crack about 4-5 inches going in from the corner. Has anyone ever ordered a replacement for the sink covers, or is it impossible to get one to match the original cabinet top? Are these covers available from Winnebago?
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36
Old 09-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I ordered one when mine cracked in half on my 02 horizon and had it in a few days. Call Lichtsinn RV in Forest city, you'll have yours in a few days too hopefully

Bob
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:30 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: Ours cracked while the coach was still under warranty (less than 1 year old). The replacement is just like the original. Interestingly in the next 7 years we haven't had a problem.
Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

If it is Corian or similar material, they can be repaired and you would never see where the crack was -- don't know cost so not sure repair would be worth it on a sink cover unless you couldn't find the same pattern.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Thanks for all the replys. I'll definitely call Lichtsinn, I've heard they are great for repairs and replacement parts.
Wagonmaster2
Old 09-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

This company contracts to Winnebago Ind for counter tops. I have ordered pieces in the past for a back splash around the bathroom sink. Good people and they will send samples out.

Vendura 1202 Femrite Dr. Madison WI 53716
800-394-4524
608-223-9555

http://www.vendura.com/
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Maintenance and repair hints

WIT service hints
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary CA:
This company contracts to Winnebago Ind for counter tops. I have ordered pieces in the past for a back splash around the bathroom sink. Good people and they will send samples out.

Vendura 1202 Femrite Dr. Madison WI 53716
800-394-4524
608-223-9555

http://www.vendura.com/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I talked to them a while back about my broken sinktop (which is like $150 from Winne) they said they don't sell nationally, and specifically not in Michigan.

You got them to send a piece? How big? How much did it cost?

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Another tragedy of the loss of the surplus store. When we were in there, the week they were open after the WIT confab, they had several of different material and shape. We didn't get them for the Vectra becasue we didn't need one. Although, I did buy a matched pair of Vectra headlamp assemblies (expensive, I'm sure) for $70!

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:54 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by porscheracer:
Another tragedy of the loss of the surplus store. When we were in there, the week they were open after the WIT confab, they had several of different material and shape. We didn't get them for the Vectra becasue we didn't need one. Although, I did buy a matched pair of Vectra headlamp assemblies (expensive, I'm sure) for $70! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No "Almondine" (our color) the week before the GNR when we were there....

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the Vendura tip, will call them the first of the week. Called Lichstinn this afternoon and was told there were none in stock, would take about 4-6 weeks for an order, and the cost would be $206.85, which Lonny agreed was very expensive. Told him jokingly that I just needed the smallest cover, not the whole countertop. So be very careful with them since they are so thin.
Wagonmaster2
Old 09-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We don't use ours. In fact we took ours off the coach. What we did instead was use those white cutting boards cut into the shape of the original sink covers. Just traced and cut. This way I still have room to set things...they also act and hot pads as well as cutting boards so if your not too worried about having the originals in place, this works great for us. BTW, when I'm done in the 'kitchen', I put the cutting boards away where the originals stored. I always leave my sink open anyway for quick hand washings and for rinsing those just used dishes and store them in my dishpan until washed.

Hope this gives you an alternative!
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

tderonne: I ordered 4 custom length pieces, about 3 inches tall, so I could create a backsplash around the bathroom sink. The salesman suggested a slight bull-nose which turned out perfect. He also mailed me samples to ensure a perfect match.

I don't remember the cost, I'm sure it was reasonable.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:00 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

I also ordered matching material from vendura to make back splashes for my kitchen and bath countertops...the folks at Vendura were very helpful and the cost was not unreasonable.

They do have the matching material in 1/4" thickness. If you are good with a sabre saw and router, you could order a rectangular piece of the material, use your broken cover to trace a pattern, and cut and rout the edges. The material cuts easily with blades made for laminate cutting.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:32 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

JEANNE M: Thanks for a great idea. I am going to try it. I am always living in fear one of my originals is going to get broken. I can see all kind of uses for the cutting board idea.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #17

I've never understood the use of sink covers because, like Jeanne, I never use them.

Those of you who do use them, what do you use them for and when do you use them?
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Jeanne M - Thanks for the cutting board idea, never thought about them. Smlranger - like the idea also of ordering just the blank rectangular piece and cutting it myself but not sure about the routing part. Could always take it to a cabinet shop and have them do it.
We only use the smaller cover which gives us a little more cabinet space and still leaves the larger side for hand washing, dish rinsing and whatever.
Wagonmaster2
Old 09-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Looks like Vendura has ceased being helpful. I e-mailed them last Saturday (knew they would be closed then but my e-mail would be on file when they opened) and here it is Friday and still no response yet from Vendura. All I had asked for was information as to what they would need to furnish me a piece of countertop material. Thought maybe there would be an outlet in Oklahoma or Arkansas but they only show dealers in Michigan and Illinois. Another deadend.
Wagonmaster2
Old 09-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

WAGONMASTER 2: Not all e-mails are read by the right people or read at all. Why not give them a call, surely they have a toll free number.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote