Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

This is really not a Winneabago question, except I have a 1990 W. Elandan.

Today begn with me dropping my cel phone into the toilet and on in to the tank--don't ask, but if you really want to know because I was bending over to spray "the goods" into the tank and it fell out of my breast pocket.

My question is, am I likely to face a plugged exit to the black tank in the future--may be even sooner rather than later?

TIA for your comments.

Ciao,

Doug

Banks PowerPack & Transcommand
Old 06-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

This is really not a Winneabago question, except I have a 1990 W. Elandan.

Today begn with me dropping my cel phone into the toilet and on in to the tank--don't ask, but if you really want to know because I was bending over to spray "the goods" into the tank and it fell out of my breast pocket.

My question is, am I likely to face a plugged exit to the black tank in the future--may be even sooner rather than later?

TIA for your comments.

Ciao,

Doug

Old 06-22-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Unless your cell phone is a brick it should come out of the discharge one of these days.

One such incident comes to mind where a Metro North patron dropped his cell phone in the toilet on the train. Well you guessed it, he went in after it all the way up to his armpit.

The fire department had to extricate this guy and Metro North sent him a $40,000 bill for his trouble when they had to completely cut away the toilet and floor structure on the train. Not to mention the commuters that were still stuck on the train during the extrication
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 06-22-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">dropped his cell phone in the toilet on the train. Well you guessed it, he went in after it all the way up to his armpit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good heavens, DriVer, why the devil would someone do that; the phone isn't going to work after it's been through a torture test of that nature .

In my case, I just don't want it to plug up the exit pathway.

Within an hour of "pooping" my phone I had a new one free, having only to pay the activation fee.

Anyway, thanks for your post--gives me hope that my phone too will pass!

Ciao,

Doug

Old 06-23-2006, 01:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Hope there is not a little man in there, making stinking phone calls and using up your minutes. As someone once said "that too shall pass". Good Luck
Old 06-23-2006, 02:57 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">making stinking phone calls </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't take no stinking fone calls !!!

Old 06-23-2006, 03:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

That one just cracked me up !!

David
Old 06-23-2006, 03:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

If I were you, and I'm glad I'm not , I would place a coarse screen over the end of my sewer hose and dump. I would tilt the coach with the jacks toward the dump side. The phone would be ruined but at least you would know that it was out.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:42 AM   #9
Administrator in Memoriam

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
I would place a coarse screen over the end of my sewer hose and dump. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yuck!
Old 06-23-2006, 03:58 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I would advise not wearing your good shoes.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:09 AM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "potty mouth" now doesn't it?

Also makes a pretty good case for wearing your phone on your belt too!!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:26 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Doug:

What's your cell number??? I want to give you a call! Would this be a dirty phone call??
Old 06-23-2006, 04:37 AM   #13

.....and I thought I was the only one who experienced stuff like this!!

Rusty
Old 06-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">....and I thought I was the only one who experienced stuff like this!! Frustrated Sad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh good to see your post, Rusty. I was beginning to think I was the only one on this forum that did dumb things

Old 06-23-2006, 08:38 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Would this be a dirty phone call??Jester </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, Tom; but I might think you were a party pooper.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would place a coarse screen over the end of my sewer hose and dump. I would tilt the coach with the jacks toward the dump side. The phone would be ruined but at least you would know that it was out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be more serious for a moment, I don't think I'm going to fuss with the tilting and screning. I always use one of those clear hose connectors and I'll keep a sharp eye out for the Samsung going by.

Ciao,

Doug

Old 06-24-2006, 01:05 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I have often wanted to do that with my Nextel from work. . After thinking about it, I realized I would not get away with it and would probably be called a brown noser if I did.
A man brought us his Airstream trialer, saying his wife had dropped her diamond ring down the sink. He had pulled the P trap hoping to find it but did not and he wanted us to pull the gray tank out to retrieve his wife engagement ring. We called a company that has equipment to view and clean out the tanks and in 20 minutes they found the ring and washed it out the discharge. It sure beat having to pull the tank. Needless to say they both were very happy.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 06-24-2006, 05:59 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

This is too funny..... but on the serious side...

Someone is going to have to deal with the hard facts of the phone in a sewer line desinged for soft waste.

Campgroud owners have some real stories to tell of things dumped onto them from RV holding tanks. They may even have a suggestion for you.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:17 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

rebelsbeach:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also makes a pretty good case for wearing your phone on your belt too!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even that's not safe. The 207 officers of my PD were issued cell phones. They are worn in several locations on the body with the bulk of them worn on the belt. Yep, you guessed it, several phones have landed in the bowl!

However, other things have landed in the bowl. Items that I'm aware of include handcuffs, keys, pens, one radio, and one snub nose revolver.

I'm waiting for the first Taser to take the plunge...
Old 06-24-2006, 09:47 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We called a company that has equipment to view and clean out the tanks and in 20 minutes they found the ring and washed it out the discharge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Mike,

The irony of your suggestion is that in late May we were at the northwest regional WIT rally in Cashemere, WA, and I had my holding tanks flushed and cleaned (camera probe and high pressure water stream)by Flush-It Northwest. The sensors now work like a charm and I'm going to try and keep them that way for a while with diligent back flushing every time I dump.

But your idea is good one, although not entirely convenient as there is no one doing that kind of flushing in Vancouver,BC, where I live; Flush-It is down by Olympia, WA.

But, I've made a mental note of your suggestion.

Ciao,

Doug

Closed Thread