Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
2000 Adventurer 35U

Black water valve (cable operated)

Has anyone had experience with replacing black valve. My cable broke, now to empty tanks i have to empty black first as usual, then grey, using the main shutoff. This is on a 2000 35u adventurer. Any help of ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Malcolm
mbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
Just Trying to Help

Malcolm-

The plumbing diagram for your coach is here. According to that diagram, the valves and cables are directly behind the white panel that holds the valve handles. You should be able to see under the panel, or reach under the panel, to figure out what is not working. It's possible that the cable has pulled free, and just needs to be put back in place and the setscrew that holds it tightened.

If you have to replace a valve, then it should be pretty easy to do. Drain both tanks dry. Unbolt the y-pipe at each valve. Remove the y-pipe. Repair or replace valves as needed.

There was no "main shutoff" as it came from the factory. It sounds as if a someone had a leak in a valve, and instead of fixing it he stuck another valve on the y-pipe outlet. Better to fix the leak, if that is the case, and get rid of the "main shutoff" valve.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #3
2000 Adventurer 35U

Where can I find diagram for 2000 35u??
Old 12-26-2018, 04:16 AM   #4
Just Trying to Help

Malcolm-

I gave the link in the first sentence of my post #2. Here it is again:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...g35u_plumb.pdf

Winnebago provides a wealth of information for your coach: plumbing and wiring diagrams, owner's manual, parts list, original brochure, etc. You can get to all that through this link:

https://winnebagoind.com/product-res...ct-information

Links to everything except the brochure are under the "Manuals and Diagrams" section of that page, to the lower-right. A link to the brochure is created when you select the year and model of your coach using the drop-downs on the top section of the page. Happy reading!

Looking again at the plumbing diagram, I believe it would be possible to modify the wet bay white panel and the drain piping to eliminate the cable-operated valves. If you are interested in that, I could outline the process.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
2000 Adventurer 35U

So sorry missed the diagram info but got it now. Thank you so much for your help.
Malcolm

Tags
water