Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Black Tank Flush 2012 Sightseer 33c

In the process of purchasing a used 2012 Sightseer 33C and found there isn't a Blank Tank Flush. I verified with Winnebago there wasn't an option for this coach, so my question is is the blank tank accessible to add one either in the wet bay or some other place? If not what is the best way to flush the black tank without the need to carry buckets of water to pour into the toilet.
ldcross11475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldcross11475 View Post
In the process of purchasing a used 2012 Sightseer 33C and found there isn't a Blank Tank Flush. I verified with Winnebago there wasn't an option for this coach, so my question is is the blank tank accessible to add one either in the wet bay or some other place? If not what is the best way to flush the black tank without the need to carry buckets of water to pour into the toilet.
I use the Camco Flexible Swivel Stik. I give the black tank a thorough cleaning with the Stik each fall before putting the RV in storage or heading south for the winter. It's easiest to do the cleaning while hooked up to a sewer connection. It cleans fine and my black tank gauges are always accurate.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Flexibl.../dp/B0006IX7YC
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. This will be better than carrying buckets of water to flush the black tank, as the seller of the RV suggested.
ldcross11475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I had a Sightseer for 4 years and this is the type of setup I use to flush the black tank.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Holding...ack+tank+valve

I first dump the black tank, then connect the flush water hose to the valve assembly linked above and run water into the black tank for 2-4 minutes and then dump again.

I also close the valve in the assembly linked above and with the black tank empty and the black tank valve open, I then open the gray water valve for 5-10 seconds to let the gray water rush into the black tank. I quickly close the gray water before any of the black tank water can go back into the gray tank. I then dump the black tank again. I usually get 2-3 inrushes from the gray into the black tank before the gray tank gets too low. Of course this depends on how full the gray tank is.

I usually do this until the black tank is dumping mostly clear water.

It is a bit of a pain to do the above process, but I couldn't find an easy access to the black tank to add a flush connector.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

My husband says to buy a "Hydroflush". It is an after market system that hooks on to the black water connection. You then hook a hose to it and it shoots a stream into the tank. Works well!! Use a back flow device to prevent black water from flowing back into hose.
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
My husband says to buy a "Hydroflush". It is an after market system that hooks on to the black water connection. You then hook a hose to it and it shoots a stream into the tank. Works well!! Use a back flow device to prevent black water from flowing back into hose.

I've been using the Hydro Flush for years- it does a good job and you won't be drilling any holes in your black tank. The Camco tank wand is something I've used only a couple of times but the tank rarely gets dirty enough to need it.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #7
Sightseer 33C owner

Black Tank Flush 2012 Sightseer 33c

We own a 2012 Sightseer 33C and have been using both ideas mentioned -- the swivel stik and the hydro flush. No problems to date. You should also spray the valve rods a couple times a year to ensure smooth operation when opening and closing the valves. A little maintenance goes a long way to preventing problems.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvss33c View Post
We own a 2012 Sightseer 33C and have been using both ideas mentioned -- the swivel stik and the hydro flush. No problems to date. You should also spray the valve rods a couple times a year to ensure smooth operation when opening and closing the valves. A little maintenance goes a long way to preventing problems.

Good idea about the rods...use a silicone spray or Boshield and not WD 40. The rods have a light grease on them when new and if you use WD 40 it will dissolve it.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, sightseer, tank