Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone have pictures of the rear of an Atwood water heater, Model GCH10A3E? Am trying to get the approx position of the AC circuit breaker/reset switch. The cabinet where the heater is located is so small it's impossible to see behind the heater.
Thanks for any info.
fulltimer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone have pictures of the rear of an Atwood water heater, Model GCH10A3E? Am trying to get the approx position of the AC circuit breaker/reset switch. The cabinet where the heater is located is so small it's impossible to see behind the heater.
Thanks for any info.
fulltimer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:42 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I didn't think there was any circuit breaker or reset switch back there.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Hope this will help:

Tank

The metal cover in the lower left goes over the t-stat and ECO & element when installed. There is a hole in the cover that is directly over the reset button on the ECO.

I used a mirror & flashlight to see when the unit is installed.

If re-setting the ECO does not work, you may have a bad 120VAC switch, which is located on the metal cover, lower left when looking from behind. It turned out the my switch had melted contacts.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:27 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fulltimer01:
The cabinet where the heater is located is so small it's impossible to see behind the heater.
QUOTE]
Your unit may have a pop-out panel to access the rear of the WH. On my Suncruiser, I too cannot see the rear of the WH but can reach it with my hand through the compartment that has the water pump.

Ah Ha! Found that Winnebago put a rectangular-shaped, rounded cornered panel in the bottom of the compartment. It can be removed to see and access the rear of the WH.

Take a look from underneath.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

We have the same year Adventurer 32V on the F53 chassis If yours is the original water heater you should be able to reach the reset.

If you have a small mirror set it on the shelf behind the heater as close to the partition wall as possible. You should be able to see the switch cover and possibly the red reset button through the hole in the cover.

It's a tight fit, but if the cabinet is empty you can reach in with your right hand behind the heater and reset the switch. (I'm 5'9" and weigh 200 lbs.) It's best to make sure the power is off because you can easily touch the connectors.

Once you find the hole use a short pencil or wood stick about 2" long to stick through the hole. I've reset ours about a dozen times over the years.

I bought a new switch earlier this year but haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.

By the way I've even changed the cold water check valve and elbow into the water heater through the same compartment without removing the heater. I did remove the water pump and accumulator to make access a little easier.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

if memory serves, someone posted pictures of the back of the atwood water heater showing the eco reset, the switch, and the 2 check valves recently.
using the search function, i cannot find the pics now.
CAN USE SOME HELP HERE FROM ADMIN!
on my moho, today i took the metal box cover off the water heater and i cannot find the eco reset button. i found that the rocker switch on the forward side of the box was turned off. it should have the top part of the rocker switch pushed in. i turned it on and
the water heater works fine now. maybe my unit does not have an eco reset button.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Here, maybe??

http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2486094452/m/...091076603#8091076603

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Dan,
This is how mine looks

Water Heater Link

The re-set button is located between the terminals on the ECO.

Hope this helps