Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Aquahot Question

Still getting used to our Tour 42QD and have a question on the Aquahot system. The answer was not really clear from the manual.

I know you can use the engine heat while driving to heat the aquahot system by setting the switch on the panel. Can you then use the aquahot system while driving to heat the interior of the coach? If so would I use the "Gas" setting on the thermostat. I presume this will not kick on the Diesel Burner unless I have the Diesel Burner set to on.

If I have this right is this an effective way to heat the inside of the coach while driving?

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

You should not have to change any switches while driving as the engine will circulate hot water through the system. You can use the Aquahot system for heat while driving, just set your thermostats to Furnance. It is a very effective way to heat the entire coach while driving. This is what we use in the winter time.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #3

On my coach and Aqua-Hot, I have to have the engine pre-heat switch turned on at the driver's dash otherwise the Webasto burner will come on while driving.

The engine pre-heat switch activates a pump which is the one for the engine loop coolant to circulate it into the AH tank.

Every AH system is different and the way each manufacturer set up the coach.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

You need to tell us what Aquahot unit you have they have many different models. I will guess you might have the newer 600 series. In my monaco I set thermostats to furnace put at about 73 turn off both the electric and diesel switches and the cummins makes the fluid hot. There is no issue about running furnace with aquahot heaters off in my coach dont know about yours try it and see how it works....
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I all be looking for a newer coach and wondering if Aquahot and all electric coaches would be good for staying off the grid for a week or so at a time, or if I should stay with LP for furnace and cooking. I plan on having solar panels and large batter bank.

Thanks
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #6

Regardless of whether we are on the grid or off, I wouldn't have a coach without Aqua-Hot.

It's a matter of comfort not convenience.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 11-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupdyke View Post
You need to tell us what Aquahot unit you have they have many different models. I will guess you might have the newer 600 series. In my monaco I set thermostats to furnace put at about 73 turn off both the electric and diesel switches and the cummins makes the fluid hot. There is no issue about running furnace with aquahot heaters off in my coach dont know about yours try it and see how it works....
Its listed as a 450 hydronic dual zone heating system with continuous hot water. I think what you have here answers my question and I will give it a try - both electric and diesel switches off.

It seems this system would have lent itself well to radiant heating under the floor. That tile can get chilly and the radiant system would have taken care of the basement as well.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #8

Some of the newer coaches do have the radiant floor heating.

I just not sure whether it is electric or hot water/coolant mixture from the Aqua-Hot.

You could check the Entegra Owners forum to find out.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Entegra is hot water.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote