Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Air hook up

Does anyone know where the best place is to tap into the 130 psi that my 36’ 2002 Journey DL generates from my diesel power plant? I’m thinking the surge tanks would be the best place but I’m not sure. Has anyone out there added a air drop?

Tom
wwhitetom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

There is usually a point mounted in the front of the coach (in the compartment under the driver's seat) that has an air hose receptacle. If you don't have one, unusual since Freightliner has put them in for years, and want to add one, have someone one who knows Freightliner chassis do it or advise you where to tap in.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Ditto LuvLabs. Looking at your rig's schematics, if you open your front "hood" you will have access to your generator, washer fluid tank, multitude of circuit breakers, fuses, etc. On the driver's side you should see the air gauge and air hose fitting.

We carry a 50ft air hose with us and top off everything that needs air.

Some folks will tell you that your compressor cannot keep up with demand and as the compressor cycles, at some point your tire pressure will feed back into your system. RVGeeks even has a YouTube video showing you how to build a contraption with gauges, check valves, etc.

That has not been our experience.

Just because you run across a load of wolf cookies, doesn't mean you have to pick them up.
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks guys your information is very much appreciated. I haven’t tackled this project yet but I knew someone out there has looked into it.
Safe travels
wwhitetom
wwhitetom is offline   Reply With Quote