Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Adding a third water pump switch

I have a water pump switch in the outside compartment and one at the interior control panel but none in the bathroom where it is needed. I want to add a switch but the one in the outside compartment has six wires going to it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the '07 38T? Or, has anyone done this?
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It will depend on how your rig is set up. Our first DSDP had three switchs but if you turned the pump on at one switch, you had to turn that switch off, none of the others would do it.
When we ordered our present DSDP we upgraded to the latching setup that the MADP's came with. So now any of the three switches can turn off or on the pump.
The system is made by Intellitec, not sure of they still make it or not.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I leave mine on when not on shore water.

Does yours have a problem?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
It will depend on how your rig is set up. Our first DSDP had three switchs but if you turned the pump on at one switch, you had to turn that switch off, none of the others would do it.
When we ordered our present DSDP we upgraded to the latching setup that the MADP's came with. So now any of the three switches can turn off or on the pump.
We have 5 switches. One in the front control cpartment, one by the kitchen sink, one by the bathroom sink, one by the toilet and one in the wet bay. Pump can be turned on or off at any switch. Sometimes we leave ours on, sometimes we turn it off. Not a big deal.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
We have 5 switches. One in the front control cpartment, one by the kitchen sink, one by the bathroom sink, one by the toilet and one in the wet bay. Pump can be turned on or off at any switch. Sometimes we leave ours on, sometimes we turn it off. Not a big deal.
I can add as many switches as I want with almost no wiring changes. Even have the switches to do it if I want.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Why do you need more switches?
Just an inquiring mind
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Here's your wiring diagrams

I don't think Winnebago has ever used anything but standard three way wiring for water pumps. No controllers like some (with other makes) have mentioned.

Not sure why you found 6 wires, I think it would be 5, 3 for the three way, and 2 for the indicator light. Should be able to find it in the diagrams to be sure.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

My former stick house had three switches for the light above the dining room table.

The wiring was more complicated than I had imagined. My wife wanted a dimmer switch on the light ...

When I examined the switches two of them had 3 wires and one had 4 wires ... I found that I had to install the dimmer on the switch that had 4 wires ... I could turn the light on or off from any switch ... but the position of the dimmer at the 4 wire switch controlled the intensity of the light (even if it were turned on at a different switch)...

If you Google "4 way wiring diagram" you will see the configuration that you will need to create.

The point of this is I think you will need to "upgrade" one of your switches to have 4 wires to it if you want to be able to turn the pump on or off at any switch regardless of where you turned it on ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I appreciate all of the replies. First, I want to add a switch in reach of the toilet. Seems we forget to turn the pump on before entering the bathroom, then have to make a couple of trips back and forth to the switch when finished. I am familiar with a standard 4 way switching arrangement, even with many switches, I would only need 3 conductors between switches. I doubt if I have a latching relay in this coach, I believe it is a simple wiring arrangement. I just can't understand the sixth wire. I will hunt around the Winne web site and try to get a wiring diagram. I just thought maybe some of you may have attempted to install one yourself. I do not want to keep the switch on all of the time in case I get a leak or leave a fauce on accidently. Thanks for the help.
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

This might help:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/thir...ch-116990.html
Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

The Switch

PORCHDOG, Here is a picture of your switch.
JA - 12 Vdc
AG - Connects to pin 7 on Monitor Panel Switch
AF - Connects to Pin 9 on Monitor Panel Switch
J5 - Switched power to pump
JY - Ground

J5 from the Monitor Panel Switch and J5 going to the pump may be connected at this switch making for the sixth wire you see.

To add another switch you will need to put it in the AC and AF wires. Requires a jumper-ed DPDT switch. Also add a J5 and JY to light the led.
A 108357-15 with terminals 3 jumped to 4 and 1 jumped to 6 will work. This is the same switch shown in the drawing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4 way sw.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	34961  
Attached Images

grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water