Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #21
Site Team

Just ordered my Winnebago 35P. I'll let you know how it goes...hopefully, they can still make a quality RV.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:18 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Just ordered my Winnebago 35P. I'll let you know how it goes...hopefully, they can still make a quality RV.
I -- and all of us-- really hope you latch on to a great unit and that you don't experience what several of us have run into. Historically I was fanatically in love with WBGO products and had a wonderful experience with our failure free 2014 Itasca Sunstar (which I now wish I still had).

After several months of constant failures I'm about at the end of the line and don't know if we can sustain the never ending problems. Don't know what happened in 2 years but its sure a different experience
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #23
Site Team

Thanks. In the last two years, they have seen changes in leadership, reduction in benefits, and a decline in the class A market overall. Hopefully, they are getting back on course.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:18 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Well finally got the rig back Thursday night. It was in the shop waiting on the slide seal. They found no damage to the slide power system, only seal damage. Apparently the slide seals are not individually stocked or available from WBGO. WBGO only has seals incorporated into the entire slide powergear assembly and they did not want to replace the entire slide assembly under warranty with the frame, rack, pinion and seals as only the seals needed repair and replacement.

WBGO instructed the dealer to seek the seals through Lippert, the manufacturer of the slide system. The dealer had to go through some sort of extensive bureaucratic gyration to get Lippert to ship the bulb and wiper seals to them . Lippert kept saying they had shipped the seals overnight when they really had not. The seals showed up after several weeks of waiting.

Having one's rig out of service for a month over common parts such as slide seals is astounding. Slide seals deteriorate and require replacement over time and to think they are not stocked with as many rigs that have them is simply bizarre.

Winnebago says on thier web site -- and one of the reasons I bought thier product--" that you will never get stuck waiting for parts." They go on to say thier " exclusive TripSaver emergency parts program guarantees parts for warranty service ship within 24-hours of your service call."

My experience is this isn't necessarily true. If I knew WBGO could not meet this standard-- especially with a very common part like a slide seal- when I purchased the unit I would have looked for a different product. Now I am concerned that as my seals age and deteriorate over time as they typically do, I may face having this rig out of service for extended periods of time.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:26 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Hopefully you'll get some problem free use out of your Q now. You've certainly paid your dues with component failures. Camping World has had my Q for one month now doing warranty repairs. I've asked Winnebago to help expedite shipping parts. I discovered that many parts, for instance the AC and the bed mattress do not get shipped from Winnebago but from the manufacturer of that part. To check on delivery status, Winnebago customer assistance just called Camping World. Like that's going to help. One month into this repair, still waiting on the AC.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #26
Winnie-Wise

Wouldn't it be nice of they didn't tout thier Trip Saver service and simply told folks exactly how they intended to perform instead of implying a 24 hour response to warranty parts needs?

Hoping your back up and on the road soon Bob. You too have had your share of 38Q failure and repair fun!
Old 12-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Although we have had our many issues, small and major with the 38Q, I have to say, the service from our dealership has been awesome. We are now down to the front end thumping noise. Ford has checked everything and said it is a builder issue, probably a body mount. Hopefully, we will be able to get it in January for them to finally locate the problem and get it resolved. Everything else has been an irritation that me me wonder if we had another lemon, like a previous Fleetwood product that was a 4 1/2 year battle, but at least this dealership does respond, even while we have been out camping and something happened, so I am trying to deal with it all because we love the floorplan. We have had another Adventurer (32H) and our biggest problem was a wind/air leak in the front which they finally found to be a missing support pole and fixed it after many times in and out of service. Good luck with your 38Q and I pray we are finally at the end of issues. FYI, we had: the refrigerator tip out because there was no brace, the washer leaked all the way to the sectional because a drain clamp wasn't tight, both bathroom sinks had loose clamps and leaked, the kitchen sink had a little leak, the microwave door latch wouldn't hold and flew open, throwing the glass plate to the floor and breaking, putting dings in the floor and cabinets, bathroom tiles separated, roller on the large night shade in the living room was warped, both pantry doors would fly open when traveling, the bedroom TV wouldn't stay latched, the counter had tiny scratches, roller under the sectional was loose, etc.
truesdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #28
Winnie-Wise

I have to agree Truesdale that our dealer- CW in Oakwood, GA- has been responsive and very helpful. My problems trace back to the factory quality control, problems with LCI component quality, workmanship issues and some engineering quirks.

This time the issue was another LCI component failure and WBGO's inability to respond and provide a relatively common part--- and they never did. They had to tell the poor dealer to go find it somewhere else.

The only two things that keep us going with this unit - thus far- have been the dealer's responsiveness and attention to our needs, and the design of the unit which we love.

It would be so much better for us though if we had a reasonably close Ford truck service center and if our WBGO dealer were closer. We live in an area where there is virtually no help for a hundred plus miles on either which makes any service difficult and costly to get to. But that's what we have to live with or--- rid ourselves of the problem.

This is our 8th RV in well over 3 decades and we have never experienced problems like we have with this WBGO product.

Tags
leak, water, water leak