Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Exclamation 2019 Minnie 2250DS Factory Plumbing Defect Alert

I recently removed the plywood hiding the freshwater pump for the first time and found a problem others may wish to check for and see if their rig also has this defect.

Specifically, the air vent hose that connects the fresh water to the vent near the gravity fill was fully kinked and blocked. The factory used cheap clear plastic hose and too much of it and it kinked into a 90+ degree bend out of sight near the tank.

I learned on our sailboat to never just stick the end of the hose in the opening when filling the tank, so this kink just meant that it took us longer to fill the tank. But if someone tightly stuffs the end of a water hose into the tank fill, and it seals somewhat tightly, the fresh water tank will pressurize. I don't know if that tank can literally handle the pressure, but I sure wouldn't want to find out the hard way that it can't.

The vent hose is clamped in place on the tank fitting with a PEX clamp, so it's going to take more than a simple screwdriver to remove.

FWIW

Jim
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing