Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

2016 Adventurer 38Q pink stuff

For the past 2 years I've used heat in the bays to keep things thawed as we live in what are mild winter conditions for the most part. But last year we took a beating with some bad weather and the power consumption got out of hand and we really ran up the electric bill heating the rig with electricity to keep it thawed.

I debated using air but didn't see how I could protect the fridge and get the washer blown out.

This rig is different from many of the rigs we had in the past and requires a bit more effort to do the pink stuff.

This year as we are storing the rig for a few months we opted to do the pink stuff for plumbing freeze protection. Read the manuals over and over and really was scratching my head while attempting it. Here are the issues contributing to the quandary:

1. I drained the hot water tank. The manual seems to imply I should not have????

2. While pumping (or sucking) in the pink stuff in, it lightly flowed from hot water tank drain while pumping it throughout the rig.

3.The hot water tank bypass was closed.

4. I had opened the tiny drain valve behind the fridge several days earlier. Only a small amount (maybe a cup) came out over several days. We were able to get pink stuff into the fridge water reservoir, but I am not sure of the ice maker. (As an ice maker does it matter if it freezes?)

5.I had goofed and parked the rig in its tight parking spot against the garage and covered it with slides retracted. I can not open the rear slide to get to the lower drawers at the rear to access the washer hoses. But did try to run the washer through a fill cycle with what I estimate to be a gallon of pink stuff. I then dumped a good gallon of pink stuff in the washer and ran a spin/drain cycle.

I'm a bit worried about whether I got the fridge done well enough (Ice maker?), and whether I have enough covering the washer supply hoses.

Can't quite understand the plumbing scheme. Why would pink stuff discharge from the water heater of the bypass was closed? Should I have left the plug in?

I used about 12 gallons of the pink stuff overall.

Advice , guidance and input would be much appreciated.

Joe
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Can't speak to the entire process for your Adventurer, but, the pink stuff is slipperier than water and I consistently have it get pass two areas where water does not pass, one of which is the water heater bypass. Thus, I am accustomed to a bit of accumulation in the tank, which is ok, since there is always a bit of water left there. In fact, I intentionally open the bypass a bit to ensure that it is mostly pink. So, I let the WH tank drain during the pump through, then when done, thread the plug in finger tight.
WindBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent