Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #1
Winnebago owner

2015 Suncruiser 38Q On Demand water heater

Not very long ago my Atwood on demand water heater died. I've never enjoyed it because it never worked correctly, it was too hot, no heat, too cold, or it changed from hot to cold quickly.

I had to find a replacement that fit the compartment on the Suncruiser 38Q and looked good. I wanted an On Demand replacement, but never considered the Atwood OD50 as a replacement because the one I had really was Terrible.

I found the Truma AquaGo comfort online and called the company. I described the Suncruiser's difficult setup with the water heater under the water pump with a panel over everything that had to be removed to even get at the Water heater, and I worried that anything without the large Atwood door would look like it didn't belong. They said it would work fine, and asked if I wanted to come to them, or have them come to me. Winnebago had suggested I change back to an Atwood tank water heater, and I didn't want to do that.

I drove to their new home office in Elkhart Indiana (not to far from Terre Haute, Indiana) and they removed the old water heater and installed the AquaGo comfort. I told them I'd install the inside switch and they started working. They stayed with it and returned a comfortably hot, wonderful water heater to my RV. I can't say enough about Truma and the crew installing the Water heater, it, and they truly made this ordeal one with a good outcome.

While it was expensive I now have hot water that stays the same temperature for as long as I want it (at least until I run out of LP gas), and for the first time since buying the Suncruiser I'm happy with my On Demand Hot water. It's great to have a system that works and I'd recommend Truma to anyone who needs to change out the awful Atwood OD50 tankless water heater that Winnebago installed in these units.

I had the Truma covered painted to match the side of the RV and it looks fine. The biggest problem I had when the Atwood died was with how any replacement would look in the area that I had to mount a new one in.

Here's what it looks like, and considering the options, this looks pretty good to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	172417   Click image for larger version

Name:	inside.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	172418  

Attached Images
File Type: psd water.psd (1.50 MB, 33 views)

Tags
heat, heater, suncruiser, water, water heater