Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2015 36G shower door issues

We can't take the POS shower door in our coach anymore. It slides off its track on every drive regardless if the little plastic lock clippy thing is latched or not and at last 3-4 times a trip it falls off of the track when getting in or out. I could've sworn that I read a post where someone replaced the door with different style and while it wasn't perfect it worked 1000% better than the original door. Does anyone know anything about this?
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Trash the doors, get shower curtain and rod. Cheaper and quieter.
jmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quite honestly a great idea but not sure if the wife would go for it. Someone posted about putting a single door in and said the swap was fairly easy.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

No tracks to clean, no door to clean. Just throw curtain in washer or buy a new one. My wife loves them. All bathrooms in the house have shower curtains too.
jmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

My shower door does the same thing on our 36G. The shower door truly is a POS! I have to fix the door every single time we stop. Dealer has no real solution either? I suggested a shower curtain to my wife and I received the have you lost your mind look? I know this look all to well as I get it often? Nonetheless, I am subscribed.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger29 View Post
We can't take the POS shower door in our coach anymore. It slides off its track on every drive regardless if the little plastic lock clippy thing is latched or not and at last 3-4 times a trip it falls off of the track when getting in or out. I could've sworn that I read a post where someone replaced the door with different style and while it wasn't perfect it worked 1000% better than the original door. Does anyone know anything about this?
Have you tried adjusting the rollers on the current shower door? Looking at the brochure it appears the shower door in the 2015 Solei is similar to if not identical to the one in our 2013 Adventurer.

Ours has 2 sets of rollers (on each door) that glide on a track in the upper horizontal frame member and 2 sets that roll on the bottom of the lower horizontal frame member. All 4 sets (8 rollers total on each door) are adjustable. When properly adjusted the door should hang on the upper track with the lower rollers in contact with the bottom of the lower track.

If the lower rollers aren't extended to the point they touch the bottom of the track the door can easily bounce enough to disengage the upper ones. If they are extended too far the upper rollers will not fully seat in the track in upper frame. This too can allow the doors to jump out of the track when driving down the road.

We have over 26,000 miles on our Adventurer and have never once had the shower door accidentally come off the track. We take the both doors off on a regular basis. Every 3 days we have to give one of our dogs a medicated bath to alleviate a skin condition. It's easier to give her a bath without the doors getting in the way. When we do give her a bath I lift the doors off the upper track and put them in the bedroom. When we're done I reinstall them.

I paid close attention to the way the rollers are adjusted just in case one got moved when setting the doors on the floor. So far we haven't had a problem with either of them jumping the track or rattling while driving.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

This guy has apparently posted on the Forza Facebook page that he fixed the problem by simply tightening some screws and nuts at the bottom of the doors.
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadd View Post
This guy has apparently posted on the Forza Facebook page that he fixed the problem by simply tightening some screws and nuts at the bottom of the doors.
The lower doors do not have rollers. They have a black plastic piece that has an ear/tab thing that goes in the track and should be pointed upward to keep the lower section from jumping the track. They were all loose and pointing in different directions. Once I had them all in the lower track I put a 3/8 wrench them to keep the pointing straight upward and then tightened the phillips screw on the other side of the bracket. It seems to have solved one problem at least :-)
Old 07-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We have the same door in the 34T. We fixed it by keeping the doors open when traveling using a Command Strip and "Velco" strap. We put them from the back door to the front frame at the top. The strap is about 6" in length. The doors have to be tight before strapping, but no rattles and it has stayed on track for over 12,000 miles.

We did something similar with the Refrigerator and Freezer doors instead of the silly Screw handle.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Check this out:

SHUB - RVs/Boats - Newline International

These are rather expensive, but I replaced my old accordion fold door with one, and wouldn't trade it for anything. This is a kevlar sheet that rolls up into a frame attached to the side of the shower door opening. Had mine about a year and no problems. Installation was a snap. Definitely worth considering.

2002 Winnebago Minnie, 331C, Ford E450 chassis
retired cop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, shower