Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2010 Reyo Grey Tank Macerator

Bought a 2010 Reyo in late October of last year. Winterized it and put it in storage for the winter. Sometime during the winter I read the owners manual and discovered that you need to pour anti freeze into the grey water tank and run the macerator pump, something I didn't do. The pump seems like it works, luckily no leaks, but it pumps extremely slow. Does anyone have any idea where the pump is located? Is it behind the panel in the water center? How hard is it to get at?
d01stampes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #2

Sorry, never heard of a grey tank macerator but, yes, antifreeze goes everywhere.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2013 Winnebago Aspect and it uses a macerator pump to empty the gray water tank. I checked the website goitasca.com and couldn't find any plumbing diagrams to help locate the pump on your Reyo. Perhaps you could push the switch which activates the pump while listening and locate it that way. You might be able to call Winnebago Tech Services at 800-537-1855 and they might be able to help you.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

If it is anything like my Navion, the "macerator" pump is simply used to drain the gray tank. When you winterize, you should dump some extra antifreeze in the gray tank and then pump it back out. That will protect that pump and related plumbing.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Winnebago 27Q grey tank macerator

I bought a used 27Q from a rental fleet last fall and a month later put it in winter storage a month later. I winterized the system with RV antifreeze but the macerator never pumped anything out. After de-winterizing this spring the macerator ran but again it still didn't pump anything. I removed a cleanout plug that's between the slide valve and the macerator and a significant amount of a grease-like substance came out followed by normal grey water. I immediately re-installed the plug and hit the macerator switch and it operated as advertised. So, apparently that grease-like substance effectively blocked the grey water outflow and the macerator simply had nothing to pump. Its been fine ever since.
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, tank