Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #41
Winnebago Master

Well,
The other day, I kept on setting up the compartments for easy retreival of tools, equipment etc. I'm not a fan of boxes and boxes of stuff and when I or someone I'm camping with needs something, have to dig through all of them to find something that I know I have. So, I just took some time, fabricated what I needed in terms of brackets, clips etc. for all the tools, equipment etc, that you see in the pics. That way, when I need something, I, first off, know exactly where it all is, and, I know where to go to get it. See what you guys think.

Today, I finished the second half of a change-over from Dexron to Transynd. A bit on the expensive side for the intial hit but, the bennies are worth it in the long run. A 19 quart change, twice in 400 miles and, the filters this time. All done for 100K miles.
Scott

FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #42
Winnie-Wise

WOW, great looking storage, maybe if I went that route I could find things. Although I don't think my 36 ft has that much storage to begin with, or maybe I'm not using it to potential.

When we go fulltime I could use that extra space.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #43

How nice. I wish i had That kinda Storage space. Very nice;;Good pictures
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #44
Winnebago Master

Gents,
Thanks for the kind words. In my career as a Fireman, I also worked in special assignment for "Out fitting" new fire trucks. That is, when they arrive, they're like a new tool box but, completely empty. It was my job to set them up with all the appropriate tools and equipment in such a manor that when you need them, you need them RIGHT NOW so, organization was/is a priority. You'd be amazed at how you can arrange things once you put your mind to it, that is if, it's important to you. To some, it's no big deal, throw it in a bin or box, shut the door and, they're off camping or traveling. That's perfectly OK, for them, not me.

Places like Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, Graingers, McMaster Car and many, many more have tool brackets, clips and hardware for hanging and mounting tools and equipment. It's kind of fun for me, even after 25 years of doing it for an alternate living.
Scott
Old 02-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #45
Winnebago Camper

I'm in the procrastinating stage, looking at my cracked Corian counter top in the kitchen, was there when we bought the rig, they just didn't do the inside corners of the cooktop cut out properly. Corian is just acrylic so you have to radius all inside corners which they did not do! I'm a Corian fabricator so fixing it isn't the problem, it's getting started!
Oh well after the Super Bowl!
Old 02-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Trying to install even brake in toad, but everytime I start, I have a part missing. I had to call Roadmaster and order brake light switch. Former owner of even brake failed to include it in package.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #47
Winnebago Owner

We are wintering in Florida and the coach hasn't been moved since Nov 1. I unhooked the power and ran the generator under full load; A/C, microwave, etc. for over an hour about a month ago. Particularly with the humididty and salt air it's important to exercise the generator. Before Leaving Indiana a buddy and I removed both of our basement air units and did the bearing and fan change (per Duner's great post) and gave them a good cleaning. I use the air going down the road and my unit was much dirtier than the other unit that is not used on the road. We did both in one day....probably would do one a day in the future.

Good luck,
Dave
Old 02-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #48
Winnebago Watcher

My project was not nearly as complex as some that have been listed here. Decided to de-winterize my water system today since my coach is in heated storage anyway, wasn't supposed to be but ended up that way. This is my first time doing this and it took me a bit to figure out which valves to open really pretty simple. Then climbed up on the roof to get the model numbers off the Winegard so I can reach out to a satellite provider in the next couple of weeks. I know it's still early for Syracuse but we are getting anxious.
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #49
Winnie-Wise

I pulled the basement A/C-heatpump, and replaced a noisy blower bearing, cleaned the unit, and replaced the foam rubber seal, that seals against the supply duct. Re-installed, did a chassis lube (including the hard to get to fan pulley grease fitting), and then ripped out the 19" bedroom TV. I had previously bought a Toshiba 26" flatscreen w/DVD player, but put off "getting into" the project. So while I was in the work mode, I just did it. Almost completed, I just finished the new mounting board and 120VAC receptacle, and tomorrow, if I can ever find my Forstner bits, I will drill the hole for the antenna cable, bolt the TV bracket in place, and install the tv.

Whew...
Then I'm taking a break.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #50
Winnebago Watcher

Calking the shower, adding iPhone / iPad input to aux on the video system and replacing the grey water dump valve. Would have washed the rig but it started to rain.... It never rains in So. Cal!
bjsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #51
Winnebago Owner

I discovered Thursday afternoon that squirrel-rats had completely destroyed 8 electrical wires to the auto park system. I have soldered leads to the nubs left in the connectors (plugs). Not being able to see the wire jackets at the nubs makes it impossible for me to wire it all back correctly.
Oldusedbear is coming to my rescue. He sent pictures that are helpful. But there are 2 red wires with black lines and 2 black wires coming form the wiring harness. I don't yet know which go to what.
Hopefully I'll find time through the week to sort it out with oldusedbear's help.
Mr Oldusedbear is a very nice friendly helpful guy. I'm thankful for his service.
He is in Oregon and I am in Florida. Thank God for the internet and telephones.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #52
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Walker View Post
I discovered Thursday afternoon that squirrel-rats had completely destroyed 8 electrical wires to the auto park system. I have soldered leads to the nubs left in the connectors (plugs). Not being able to see the wire jackets at the nubs makes it impossible for me to wire it all back correctly.
Oldusedbear is coming to my rescue. He sent pictures that are helpful. But there are 2 red wires with black lines and 2 black wires coming form the wiring harness. I don't yet know which go to what.
Hopefully I'll find time through the week to sort it out with oldusedbear's help.
Mr Oldusedbear is a very nice friendly helpful guy. I'm thankful for his service.
He is in Oregon and I am in Florida. Thank God for the internet and telephones.
You have the right guy helping - what a great person.
I was going to adjust my autopark, but it was 18 degrees this morning so I think I'll sit here where it is warm and use this computer to order next weekend's project (wineguard and replacment plastic within the antenna control arm).
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #53

Clean and treat chassis battery terminals. While I have the chassis battery disconnected I am going to verify the AUX Start system works. Seal openings at the bottom of the winshield pillars that are open to the frontend compartment.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #54
Winnebago Watcher

Okay spent the weekend washing and waxing. Good lord I had no idea it would take as long as it did. We bought our 32' Winne used last Aug and noticed it has no wax on it at all! The finish was in pretty bad shape but I think we did it some good! Now I know why they charge 15 bucks a foot to do this! But it's all about the trip, not the destination some times... Had a ton of laughs and with my wife and kids!
bjsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #55
Winnebago Camper

That is def the WOW factor, Scott. Looks nicer than my shop. Are you OCD or just enjoy having things at your fingertips? Just kidding, fantastic job, congrats. I have to make sure the DW doesn't see this or it will be added to my to-do list. Started a little body work today. Backed into the eve of the house and dinged R rear corner so had to remove corner peice and pound on it some, gently of coarse. Looks pretty good but will be better after bondo and paint. Finished install of Stowmaster 5000 on the jeep( a steal on Ebay). Next will be replacement of the converter to hopefully correct my Powerline EMS problems. If not, new board. Never ending.

"Being retired means you can put off till tomorrow what you could have done today"
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #56
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2RVn View Post
That is def the WOW factor, Scott. Looks nicer than my shop. Are you OCD or just enjoy having things at your fingertips? Just kidding, fantastic job, congrats. I have to make sure the DW doesn't see this or it will be added to my to-do list. Started a little body work today. Backed into the eve of the house and dinged R rear corner so had to remove corner peice and pound on it some, gently of coarse. Looks pretty good but will be better after bondo and paint. Finished install of Stowmaster 5000 on the jeep( a steal on Ebay). Next will be replacement of the converter to hopefully correct my Powerline EMS problems. If not, new board. Never ending.

"Being retired means you can put off till tomorrow what you could have done today"
Thank you Sir for your nice comment. Doing things like that is kind of a hobby with me. It serves many purposes. I get a kick out of doing it, it makes things organized, it allows for temp storage of purchased items when we're out on a trip someplace because there's more room. I don't carry all that stuff 'cause I plan on rebuilding engines while camping or, doing a lot of garden/tree work, or any other heavy duty long term laborious work. I carry item like you see in the picks because I've needed all of it multiple times in various situations.

Some of it I may not move for 6 months, some, is used several times per camp trip. I just like being prepared.
Scott