Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Vista 29VE external satellite connection

I am a newbie on this forum and to RVing in general. I purchased a Vista 29VE about 2 months ago to use in my retirement. I want to hook up an external Dish satellite and seem to remember an external coax connection that I could use to hook up the Dish satellite but for the life of me, I can't seem to locate it. Additionally, assuming that there actually is an external connection, where does it go to inside the unit?

thanks for any help.

Alex
ajgillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

If it is like my Vista 27N there is a wall plate with 2 coax connectors in the compartment with the water connection and electric cord connection, one marked for cable TV, other marked for SAT.

UPDATED:

The CATV goes to the TV Antenna wall plate with the power button, that is where you switch from roof antennna to the wall plate signal when you press the button so the LED is not lit.

Not sure on the SAT - the end in the RV may not be on a jack, it may just be behind a removable panel near the cabinet where the SAT receiver would normally go. In my 2015 Vista 27N on the back wall of the cabinet intended for media equipment there was a wall plate with 2 coax connectors - one labeled EXT SAT and other labeled ROOF SAT.

Post #3 talks about a box of many buttons (BOMB) but your newer Vista does not have that, Winnebago has not been using that design for MANY years.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Check the ceiling inside the basement compartment where your electrical cable is. That is typically where your entrance connection is. Some RVs have one right on the side of the RV near the rear...outside of course. Those are easy to spot. But mostly, they are in the basement compartment where you store your shore power cable.

That coax connection goes up to the cabinet where your BOMB (box of many buttons) is and will connect to the back of it.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

2018 29VE owner here.

It's on the back wall in the compartment where you plug in your generator or to the 30amp service.
Sal3401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

My '17 Vista 31BE doesn't have a satellite connection. The cable tv connection is in the electrical bay. The booster switch will disable that connection when on (green light) or enable it when off. The connection on the booster is for an additional tv.

I think a satellite requires a second coax wire which you may not have. Others have talked about putting a wire out through the top of the slide, etc.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

ajgillan, the drawings do not show an external Dish satellite cable installed on the 2017 Vista 29VE. With a little cable modification you can use the park cable TV coax for a satellite receiver.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:20 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

thanks for the quick response, I'll take a look there when I get the RV back from the dealer.
ajgillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgillan View Post
thanks for the quick response, I'll take a look there when I get the RV back from the dealer.
"Back from the dealer" ..... Hope your luck isnt like mine. My 2018 Vista 29ve has been in the shop more than in my possession. Had it out 4 times since new in November and found more stuff this weekend it needs to go back for. How nice it is to make payments on something I cant even use and it makes me aggravated every time I see it. ........ Just like having an idiot teenager around.
jeepfamRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:45 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfamRV View Post
"Back from the dealer" ..... Hope your luck isnt like mine. My 2018 Vista 29ve has been in the shop more than in my possession. Had it out 4 times since new in November and found more stuff this weekend it needs to go back for. How nice it is to make payments on something I cant even use and it makes me aggravated every time I see it. ........ Just like having an idiot teenager around.

Remember to DEMAND an extension of your original new warranty.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:54 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgillan View Post
I am a newbie on this forum and to RVing in general. I purchased a Vista 29VE about 2 months ago to use in my retirement. I want to hook up an external Dish satellite and seem to remember an external coax connection that I could use to hook up the Dish satellite but for the life of me, I can't seem to locate it. Additionally, assuming that there actually is an external connection, where does it go to inside the unit?

thanks for any help.

Alex
I climbed on top, and to the front , and found a circle with printed"3 3/4 opening will reveal cables for a satellite antenna. I will mount my Tailgater for Dish.

Jim&Denise&Peanut (Beagle) 2017 Vista 29VE Kia on dolly
Speedojim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite