Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Using Winnebago Parts Catalog

I have tried several times to use the Cortona viewer for this coach and I am getting nowhere. I am using a Windows 8.1 fully updated laptop. All I get is a cover page and the options I try, SN /color, gives me absolutely nothing. Any help is appreciated.

Rick Y
Old 11-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I have tried several times to use the Cortona viewer for this coach and I am getting nowhere. I am using a Windows 8.1 fully updated laptop. All I get is a cover page and the options I try, SN /color, gives me absolutely nothing. Any help is appreciated.

Rick Y
I had the same problem, then I realized that the viewer only works with Internet Explorer browser. I used that and now it works perfect for me. Hope that works for you too!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
I had the same problem, then I realized that the viewer only works with Internet Explorer browser. I used that and now it works perfect for me. Hope that works for you too!
Not for me! I get the same thing. Tried several time before I started this thread. Please try to walk me through your successful steps. I will admit that I don't always see the obvious. Thanks.

Rick Y
Old 11-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Not for me! I get the same thing. Tried several time before I started this thread. Please try to walk me through your successful steps. I will admit that I don't always see the obvious. Thanks.

Rick Y
I downloaded and installed both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the Cortona viewer. Then I bring up the Internet Explorer browser and go to gowinnebago.com. From there its "owners", "manuals and diagrams", "parts catalog", "I'd just like to download a manual", Year of Rv on the left, specific model in blue. This should pull up the interactive parts catalog. Clicking on an item in blue on the right should pull up a 3-D display of the location of that item.

Man, I hope that helps you out. I wrestled with it for a long time, gave up , tried again, repeat, so it was a big relief when I got it working. I know what you mean by missing the obvious, I've done it myself many, many times!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have no idea how many times I've downloaded and deleted the viewers, trying to open the parts catalog for my 2014 Itasca. Did all the security settings and what not - very frustrating.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
I have no idea how many times I've downloaded and deleted the viewers, trying to open the parts catalog for my 2014 Itasca. Did all the security settings and what not - very frustrating.
I too in the past did multiple tries at downloading both versions, checked settings, etc. and never got it to work properly. I followed the following instructions with no success. -RT

http://www.winnebagoind.com/install/...werInstall.pdf
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I'm running Windows 7 pro and IE 11 with Winnebago.com in Compatibility view on my desktop and it works great. Took several tries before getting there. I'm running the same setup on our laptop, the viewer will load the diagrams but I cannot rotate the views.
Just love computers!!!!
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:18 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I downloaded and installed both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the Cortona viewer. Then I bring up the Internet Explorer browser and go to gowinnebago.com. From there its "owners", "manuals and diagrams", "parts catalog", "I'd just like to download a manual", Year of Rv on the left, specific model in blue. This should pull up the interactive parts catalog. Clicking on an item in blue on the right should pull up a 3-D display of the location of that item.

Man, I hope that helps you out. I wrestled with it for a long time, gave up , tried again, repeat, so it was a big relief when I got it working. I know what you mean by missing the obvious, I've done it myself many, many times!
I think I have the answer. When on the parts catalog page, Cortona Viewer already installed, go to the IE settings, click "Comparability View Settings" and in the window that opens you should see "Add this website:" and "winnebagoind.com" listed in the box. Click the "Add" button. Now the catalog should work. Does for me.

I wish this was mentioned in the Winne instructions.

Thanks to all who tried to help and who expressed their frustration. Let us know if I truly found the solution for ALL of us. At this age I just hope I can remember what I did if asked to repeat it at a later date.

Rick Y
Old 11-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Internet Explorer Security Settings

Quote:
I think I have the answer. When on the parts catalog page, Cortona Viewer already installed, go to the IE settings, click "Comparability View Settings" and in the window that opens you should see "Add this website:" and "winnebagoind.com" listed in the box. Click the "Add" button. Now the catalog should work. Does for me.

Thanks to all who tried to help and who expressed their frustration. Let us know if I truly found the solution for ALL of us. At this age I just hope I can remember what I did if asked to repeat it at a later date.

Rick Y
Congratulations! The Internet Explorer security settings are a bit sneaky. I was hoping that the problems would be solved without getting into the IE settings. Here's the instructions from the website:

Internet Explorer Security Settings
Open the Security Tab in Internet Explorer Options dialog (Tools > Internet Options > Security).

Select Internet zone.
Press the Custom level button to open Security settings dialog.

Set the following:
o Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins ¡V Enable.
o Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting ¡V Enable.
o Active scripting ¡V Enable.
o Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting ¡V Prompt or Enable.

Internet Explorer Advanced Settings
Open the Advanced Security Tab in Internet Explorer Options (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Security).
Allow active content to run in files on My Computer ¡V Needs to be Selected.

and this:

4. You may be required to do the following if not already set:
a. Turn off pop blockers
b. Click Compatibility View for winnebagoind.com
c. Click Allow to allow 2D viewer
d. Click Allow to allow 3D viewer
Old 11-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

Rick Y
Thank you so very much. Your solution worked for me. It looks like they did include your step in their instructions/tips, but for someone like me who after 19 years or so using a computer, I still don't know much more than than how to turn the foolish thing on and off. I found your more detailed directions solved my issue.
I just have to remember to use IE instead of Firefox, which I normally use.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Double post
Old 11-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thank you so very much. Your solution worked for me. It looks like they did include your step in their instructions/tips, but for someone like me who after 19 years or so using a computer, I still don't know much more than than how to turn the foolish thing on and off. I found your more detailed directions solved my issue.
I just have to remember to use IE instead of Firefox, which I normally use.
I'm a Mazola man too. Don't like IE. Too slow. Use Bing and love it. Daily wallpaper is great. Finding the setting in IE took a bit of mind stretching for this old dude (dud??). Glad you are finally getting into the parts list. I have not tried a parts search with my SN keyed in and a click on the little colored ball. Have you gone that far yet?
Old 11-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I'm a Mazola man too. Don't like IE. Too slow. Use Bing and love it. Daily wallpaper is great. Finding the setting in IE took a bit of mind stretching for this old dude (dud??). Glad you are finally getting into the parts list. I have not tried a parts search with my SN keyed in and a click on the little colored ball. Have you gone that far yet?
Yes, I've gone that far. I just got a piston from Lichtsinn for my house door, a few hours ago. Went out to see how it would work out and discovered it wouldn't work. Went to my newly installed parts catalog and discovered it doesn't work on my SN coach.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Yes, I've gone that far. I just got a piston from Lichtsinn for my house door, a few hours ago. Went out to see how it would work out and discovered it wouldn't work. Went to my newly installed parts catalog and discovered it doesn't work on my SN coach.
for me. The slide lock upgrade kits came yesterday. One was missing the thrust washer. I used the old one to get things back together but now I have to go through the hassle of trying to get them to send me just that part.

to you for being able to find the correct part #. I hope, when I need to do this routine, I'll be as successful in my navigation as you.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
for me. The slide lock upgrade kits came yesterday. One was missing the thrust washer. I used the old one to get things back together but now I have to go through the hassle of trying to get them to send me just that part.

to you for being able to find the correct part #. I hope, when I need to do this routine, I'll be as successful in my navigation as you.
Interesting that my piston "kit" came with (as far as I can determine) an extra little rubber grommet/washer, since I have no idea where it would go. It appears they changed the screen door in SNs after mine, so the piston would work. Unless I remove or modify the bottom of the screen door,the piston can't be installed.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Interesting that my piston "kit" came with (as far as I can determine) an extra little rubber grommet/washer, since I have no idea where it would go. It appears they changed the screen door in SNs after mine, so the piston would work. Unless I remove or modify the bottom of the screen door,the piston can't be installed.
But you will get the correct part at some point. My door does not have the piston so it just bangs in the breeze.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
But you will get the correct part at some point. My door does not have the piston so it just bangs in the breeze.
I don't believe they offered a piston for my SN. They changed the screen door in later models. I have to eliminate or modify my screen door, to use the piston
Old 11-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Look-up update/abbreviated SN

The abbreviated SN that is talked about for looking up parts specific to your coach is taken from the last group of digits under the "SERIAL NO." line. In my case it is 70M42551. You drop the dash and use the first two digits of the # as I see it. I have attached a picture of my coach label. It is a bit hard to see but I hope it helps.

You can get a free .jt viewer app from the Microsoft Store online if you are using Windows 8.1. Neat tool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SN & VIN.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	80116  
Old 11-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

Very nicely appointed!

WINNEBAGO SERVICE PART ALPHA LIST
70M42551 IKP40U MFG DATE: 08/31/10
BH3WYNWOOD/SPICE/GLAZED S MAPLE
1AGFRTL 32,350 380 8.3L 10 EMM
1D3ENTERTAIN CENTR/EXT TV-DVD
14CFIREPLACE-ELECTRIC
15DGPS-NAVIGATION SYSTEM
15LRESIDENTIAL REFRIGERATOR PKG
21SWASHER & DRYER-PAIR
23NCOMPARTMENT TRAY SLIDEOUT
24PMASK FRONT EXT PROTECTIVE
25DSTEREO SYSTEM/W/CD/DVD REAR
32WGENERATOR-START,AUTO SYSTEM
35NLADDER-STEP, FOLDING
41YFAN - CEILING,BEDROOM
423RESTEASY-SECTION-UL LTR DUAL
48DBED-QUEEN, AIR SLEEP SYSTEM
64KSEAT PED-6-WAY POWER,PASSENG
70CRADIO - SATELLITE
92AFBP BLACK CHERRY
Old 11-28-2014, 08:39 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Very nicely appointed!

WINNEBAGO SERVICE PART ALPHA LIST
70M42551 IKP40U MFG DATE: 08/31/10
BH3WYNWOOD/SPICE/GLAZED S MAPLE
1AGFRTL 32,350 380 8.3L 10 EMM
1D3ENTERTAIN CENTR/EXT TV-DVD
14CFIREPLACE-ELECTRIC
15DGPS-NAVIGATION SYSTEM
15LRESIDENTIAL REFRIGERATOR PKG
21SWASHER & DRYER-PAIR
23NCOMPARTMENT TRAY SLIDEOUT
24PMASK FRONT EXT PROTECTIVE
25DSTEREO SYSTEM/W/CD/DVD REAR
32WGENERATOR-START,AUTO SYSTEM
35NLADDER-STEP, FOLDING
41YFAN - CEILING,BEDROOM
423RESTEASY-SECTION-UL LTR DUAL
48DBED-QUEEN, AIR SLEEP SYSTEM
64KSEAT PED-6-WAY POWER,PASSENG
70CRADIO - SATELLITE
92AFBP BLACK CHERRY
Thanks. Wondered how soon someone would look up my full spec. I looked for a 1 1/2 for this coach. Couldn't afford it new and we are pushing the limits on the budget as it is. Drove 1200 mi, almost to the .1, to get it... Dallas area to Ft Myers. Every day is a blessing living in this coach. It is not free from troubles but is beats our old coach by a long long ways.

Been to Gaffney, SC to have the chassis service done by the Freightliner factory and that was a good thing to do. We hope to get to Forest City to have the factory folks check things out. There is nothing important at the moment. I just changed the travel lock motors and thrust washers to stop the jamming failure. I had to pay for the parts because I am so far out of warranty. Easy job to do.

Happy trails,

Rick

Tags
cat, parts, winnebago