Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cool TV Removal Process

I want to replace my TV in the front of my 2000 Winnebago Adventurer with a new flat screen TV. The TV I have in there is working fine but I'd like to move into the new decade. I'm uncertain as to the process for the removal of the old TV.

I would appreciate any advice you would be willing to share.

As always.....you're the best and thanks.
buzzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I replaced the tube TV on my Allegro too. First you have to get the wooden frame off. This was held in place with 4" long screws that are driven in to the frame from each side. Access to the screw heads was from the two side cabinets. In my case they were square headed screws. After they are removed you should be able to pull the frame off the front. From then on, there are little blocks that are screwed in at the top to hold the TV in place. Remove those and you can then lift the TV out of the box. Make sure to have help as they are quite heavy. Now all that said, that's how mine was done, I don't know what yours looks like.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1406240100.891638.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	609.0 KB
ID:	68954Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1406240123.972171.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	577.1 KB
ID:	68955

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Jack !!

What size and brand TV did you use for a replacement? Your photo shows it to be a perfect fit.

Safe travels.
buzzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Our 2003 (Winnebago built) had mounting screws inside the overhead cabinets along with a couple screws outside holding the plastic faceplate. Then you can access two bolts that secure a steel bracket holding the TV. We left the steel cage surrounding the TV and attached a plywood mounting surface for the TV mount.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

There have been a bunch of threads- some with pictures - about removing TVs in Winnebago models that don't have the easy to figure out molding around the TV. As I recall the Adventurer is one of those.
I bet if you do a search you will find what you need.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzyb View Post
What size and brand TV did you use for a replacement? Your photo shows it to be a perfect fit.

Safe travels.

The TV is a 32" JVC, from Costco. And yes, it was a perfect fit in width. The flat TVs are more of a rectangle, so on the bottom I put a sound bar with the sub-woofer behind the TV. The one thing that I did notice is that not all TVs have good sound.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I replaced both TVs front and bedroom with Samsung 32" flat screens in my 2007 Winnebago Voyage, I contacted Winnebago and they gave me exact instructions for removal of old Tvs. As previously mentioned the old sets were square and the flat screens are elongated. I removed the heavy steel frame as it was not needed to support the lighter 32" Tvs.I made an oak thin frame to contain the face of flat screen within the existing oak fascia. I then set the flat screen using its own stand on the floor of the enclosure, when the thin frame was pushed in to fit it just covered the black side frame of tvs allowing a full screen to look at. I used two black flat bungee diagonally across back of tv to keep it with tension against front thin wood frame two small brass wood screws lock the thin frame in place. A little more to the thin face frame I made as I made black sound grills top and bottom to give a complete enclosed look and tied the tv sound thru surround sound system it looks good and sounds just like home when watching tv or a movie and have travelled and used for two years no problems.
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal