Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #41
Winnie-Wise

Test fit

Here's a couple of pictures so far..

Test fit of the front TV. I needed to get measurements for framing. Pretty cool, though... the TV pulled 26 OTA channels from the batwing antenna.

Bedroom TV. It's the final installation. The TV fits inside the cabinet for travel. It's a 19" Samsung.

Some notes.

I'm going to be using the cable TV input for my inbound Satellite TV signals. The two RG6 cables will feed to a Dish Network solo node then one lead from the solo node will go to the cable TV input in the electrical bay. I've pulled the cable TV coax from the TV switcher. That was interesting... one of the two "nuts" holding the installation bracket in place was a real pain to get out. So, in the end the cable TV coax was bundled, so I'll have to get a barrel connector and a small length of RG6 to make it to the location I've chosen for my Hopper. According to the wiring diagram, this should work. It's too cold here to mess with satellite dish aiming so I'll just wait a bit to test out the whole system.

Just some fun stuff. I can't wait for spring!

Scott