Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

When I have the surround sound speaker system switched to "Radio" and turn the radio off, I hear a low volume "popping" from the speakers. When switched to "TV" and the TV is off there is no "popping". Anybody else experienced this and if so what was the cue?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

When I have the surround sound speaker system switched to "Radio" and turn the radio off, I hear a low volume "popping" from the speakers. When switched to "TV" and the TV is off there is no "popping". Anybody else experienced this and if so what was the cue?
Old 11-27-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Catpowered--

I am shooting from the hip here--but I have the same thing and there have been other posts regarding this noise. I always switch the radio/tv switch or the radio power switch on the dash and it stops. I am not sure what the cause is and don't remember if anyone has figured it out. It does seem to be a common problem and not something that just you have experienced. Maybe someone will chime in with what causes it. Happy Thanksgiving and happy travels.

John
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Mine does the same thing.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I noticed that mine did it and by chance I switched the speakers to radio and it stopped. I just figured it was a little "elf" in there.
When I first noticed it, it was raining and I thought that I had a water dripping and then noticed it was coming from all speakers. I can live with it.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

On your dash power switch, change it from AUX to MAIN (So the radio only runs when the ignition key is on). It makes the ticking sound stop.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

At first I also thought it was a water drip. My hearing is not so sterling, so I just ignore it & hope it goes away. But after six years...........

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Thanks Old Snipe - I've always cured the popping sound by just being sure the Radio/TV switch is always set to TV, but I do have the switch on the dash set to Aux. I guess the only reason for that is so the radio will play with the ignition off and I never do that, so will definitely try the Main setting.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wagonmaster2:
Thanks Old Snipe - I've always cured the popping sound by just being sure the Radio/TV switch is always set to TV, but I do have the switch on the dash set to Aux. I guess the only reason for that is so the radio will play with the ignition off and I never do that, so will definitely try the Main setting.
Wagonmaster2

The reason I don't like to put the "Aux/Main" switch on "Main", is that the radio has a parasitic current draw that will draw down my engine batteries when in storage. My battery disconnect is only for the coach batteries (04 Meridian). I do have a Trik-L-Start connected, because in storage I have no electrical power available. Also, I frequently use the radio in conjunction with an XM satellite receiver when parked. Therefore that switch is left on "Aux".
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>