Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

For some reason, I can't get the surround sound system to work with my TV and Satellite dish/Antenna channels . The manual says it should. Anyone else have a similar stock (RCA) TV with surround sound? It works fine when we put a DVD in, but not with the TV. Did I miss something?

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
jasonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

For some reason, I can't get the surround sound system to work with my TV and Satellite dish/Antenna channels . The manual says it should. Anyone else have a similar stock (RCA) TV with surround sound? It works fine when we put a DVD in, but not with the TV. Did I miss something?

Old 04-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There was a prior post on this topic some time ago. I printed it out, and sure enough, the process works.

I don't know if you have the same equipment in your coach, but we turn on the DVD player, let it go thru the process to search for a DVD, when it is done, then press the function button, and it shoud say 'AV-In'. Increase the volume to the maximum level.

Then go to your TV remote and select the audio mode which should put you into surround sound or simulated mode.

Hope this works.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Ours will only work in dvd mode as well. Thanks for the suggestion, Don. I am going to give it a try. </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I'll give 'er a try....thanks!

Old 04-16-2007, 06:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I've had lots of gremlins with the "theatre system" in our 2003 Adventurer, especially since I removed the VCR we didn't use. But I seem to remember I solved the TV sound problem by switching the radio power source toggle on the dash from "engine" to "house". For some odd reason, this toggle affects the TV feed to the theatre sound system (it doesn't affect the radio's feed).

BTW, if you get a hum from the speakers when nothing is playing, you can turn it off by switching this toggle back to "engine".

Don Julien
2003 Adventurer
Don Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Got the surround sound working with the TV/Satellite Dish, but there seems to be a subtle high pitched sound....maybe it's the "hum" that Don spoke of? Not sure.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I had the same him in my o3. I found a Filter puged inline with the audio out going to the amp. It is located in the back of the TV. It is black and about 1.5" round and about 3" long. It was place with velcro. I removed it from the velcro and moved its location farther from the TV and problem solved.

Good Luck.

03 Adventurer 35-U
Titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote