Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Subwoofer power

So, after a year and a half, I discovered my subwoofer isn't working. This is in my 2015 40R, Meridian. The connectors to the unit were faulty, poorly crimped, so after a big hassle, and replacing the connections, I finally discovered there was no voltage. Looking at the schematic, it must be 12 volt, so after checking all the breakers, none were tripped. The schematic does not show where the voltage source is, or if it is breaker protected, any ideas where to check next? The subwoofer is located under the couch in the kitchen side slide.
Pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

My reply is to subscribe, as mine is in the same place and doesn't work either. I hope someone knows. I've looked everywhere I can see, to no avail.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

On mine it does work but not very good sound. It is not a powered subwoofer, so no voltage to it. You have to turn the volume up and down with the sound bar remote subwoofer buttons. Mine was turned all the way down. When I turn it up it works, but if I go to high it starts thumping.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Mine is an LG2540. I pulled out, and to my surprise, it's NOT a Bluetooth, it is supposed to be hard wired, and it has never been connected. Now the question is, how to find the wires that are connected to the SW, and get them to the sound bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	149856  
Old 01-24-2017, 06:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

First, check your sound bar to see if the wiring cable is attached at that end. If not you will need to run a cable somehow. If the cable is there it should come up through the floor under the rear corner of your sofa, which is where the subwoofer is located (at least on mine).
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

As you can see, the sound bar is not connected. The sub woofer is, but the wiring never made it to the other side of the coach. Just checked the wiring coming up under the cabinet behind the tv, had to pull the base flooring up, no sub woofer wiring to be found. I'm hoping Mother Winnebago will stand up to taking care of this even though I'm out of warranty.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

According to the 2540 Spec Sheet, the subwoofer IS suppose to be wired. The main sound bar is Bluetooth though.

I wonder if Winnie had planned on putting in a RF or IR transmitter/receiver for the subwoofer in some units? Not likely, but, you never know.

Meanwhile, sounds like you'll have to hardwire it somehow.

Please keep us posted on what you come up with...

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Solved!

After help from Tommy and Brian at Mother Winnebago, traced wiring into wife's closet, found sub woofer wires dead ended on floor under tv cabinet. Snaked two extension wires through wall and into cabinet behind tv, hooked up to sound bar, we now have BASS! Turn it up!

Tags
power