Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #1

Sony backup display XVM-B62

Anyone had to replace the 2nd display monitor on the Winnebago circa 2013? (Sony XVM-B62) Mine is starting to get lines through it, but they are discontinued.

I do see RVcams has them, but at twice the price ($208) of what they were at the other sources before they were discontinued.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XVM_B62_400.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	130988  
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
Anyone had to replace the 2nd display monitor on the Winnebago circa 2013? (Sony XVM-B62) Mine is starting to get lines through it, but they are discontinued.

I do see RVcams has them, but at twice the price ($208) of what they were at the other sources before they were discontinued.

I'm glad you posted this question. I don't have an answer though, but I would like to know what it's for. We have one in our 2011 Meridian that we just purchased in April. For the life of me I can't figure out what it's for. The dealer we bought it from didn't have a clue either. I read the brochure in the manual, but it really didn't tell me what it was for either.
Thanks
Newbie31ul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

There is a used-like new one on Amazon for $112.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all
Old 06-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #4

On mine, you can select what goes to that monitor from the main radio. I have it set to be the continuous back up camera and it changes to turn camera with the turn signals, but it can also be GPS or play a DVD. I just don't use it much because the picture seems to be going out.

Thanks for the hit on the ebay one. i need to ask them exactly what they mean "used".
Old 06-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
On mine, you can select what goes to that monitor from the main radio. I have it set to be the continuous back up camera and it changes to turn camera with the turn signals, but it can also be GPS or play a DVD.
OK, how do you set it up that way? Mine was set, but I turned off all the power (mistake) and lost the setting.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #6

It was what you select for the auxiliary (shows a couple of RCA cables in the icon) from the home screen. Unfortunately mine is 88 miles away snuggled away from all this hail in it's garage and I wont' be seeing it until next Friday. I'll try to photo what I'm talking about, as I don't thoroughly remember.

PS, mine doesn't seem to change after shutting down the battery switches. It comes back to what what I had set.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
It was what you select for the auxiliary (shows a couple of RCA cables in the icon) from the home screen. Unfortunately mine is 88 miles away snuggled away from all this hail in it's garage and I wont' be seeing it until next Friday. I'll try to photo what I'm talking about, as I don't thoroughly remember.

PS, mine doesn't seem to change after shutting down the battery switches. It comes back to what what I had set.
I lose all settings on my radio as well whenever I flip the battery disconnects.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:36 PM   #8

I wonder if there is an internal battery that is supposed to keep the settings? I have that trouble with my Freightliner info center. Every time I use the coach its Jan 1 2012.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

OK, I got it fixed. At least on mine, go to Settings, select Aux Zone, and then select Backup. Nothing to it, once you hear the magic word "Aux." Thanks to all for getting me on the right track. As far as losing the settings, I had the radio on "house" for power source, then turned off the inverter and unplugged the coach. Bad idea, except for storage. So, that is two things I learned.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #10

Hey cool, glad you got it working!