Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2016, 12:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Samsung Blu-Ray DVD

The Samsung BR DVD player in our 2014 38Q works well with the lounge TV. However, when I try to use it with one of the other TVs, the sound still plays over the Surround system in the Lounge/Galley. DW gets irritated when the sound from my old western movie drowns out American Idol. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or if it will only work with the lounge TV?
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I would check the DVD setup menu to see if there is a sound section. Usually, you can control which output the sound is being directed. See if you can turn it off logically.

Otherwise, you will probably have to disconnect the sound out going to the Surround system when using it elsewhere.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:55 AM   #3

I think mine is that way too. I can watch it in the bedroom, but have to turn down the surround sound and use the TV speaker in the bedroom.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

cochise1949 If you have a LG BR DVD player/surround sound and a Samsung TV like our 35P. I just when out and checked, the DVD player as priority on the surround sound. So like Atom Ant mentioned above your have to turn down the sound on the DVD player and up on the TV to watch TV up front and DVD in the back.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:49 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

OK here is the best fix for the whole thing. Spend $60 and get another Blu-Ray player for the bedroom and hook it up directly to that TV. Oh the HDMI cable may cost a bit but OH, well so did the MH.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:13 AM   #6

I was thinking that would be a good resolution for the OP.

On my model year, the bedroom TV is almost an afterthought, and there is no room to add much of anything unless I want to go behind it in the bathroom cupboard where the TV plugs in and add a player. I just tried to find a spot for a Joey in the bedroom TV and no go.

I think mine was the first year for that HDMI distributing device thingy in the front that lets you send HDMI from any source to any TV in the coach, so they were able to add the flat TVs without any real place for auxiliary equipment. It works nice, but it pretty much means anything I add goes in the front.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

SuperGewl, Good point we added a dvd playing in the bedroom for the grandkids.
cochise1949 should have a HDMI cable by the satellite plate in the lower closet that's goes to the back TV.
Atom Ant, is there room in the cabinet behind the TV in bathroom to mount the Joey vertical?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Atom Ant, is there room in the cabinet behind the TV in bathroom to mount the Joey vertical?
Actually there is, and that's not a bad idea. I can't remember if the remotes are IR or UF.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:10 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

There is usually an input near the Bedroom TV for a separate SAT box. Use that connection for the DVD player. If you need to you can run your own IR cable setup.
You may be able to mount the DVD on the bracket behind the TV and install an IR devise to reach the front.
If your 4X4 HDMI box is not using all of the inputs install the DVD in the front of coach and install an IR over HDMI devise in the bedroom so you can control it if they are using HDMI cable thru out.
There are ways it just takes a bit of asking the right question and or Asking Google