Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We have an 05 Sightseer that came with a standard radio (AM/FM/WX/CD/Cassette). It has a remote control that is flat & thin (which I don't use) and a thicker remote mounted on the steering wheel. The steering wheel remote has stopped working. I've changed the battery to no avail. However, the flat/thin remote still works. So I'm thinking something must be wrong with the remote clipped to the steering wheel.

Does anyone know what this is called and where I can purchase a replacement?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have an 05 Sightseer that came with a standard radio (AM/FM/WX/CD/Cassette). It has a remote control that is flat & thin (which I don't use) and a thicker remote mounted on the steering wheel. The steering wheel remote has stopped working. I've changed the battery to no avail. However, the flat/thin remote still works. So I'm thinking something must be wrong with the remote clipped to the steering wheel.

Does anyone know what this is called and where I can purchase a replacement?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We were supposed to get a replacement one when we took delivery of our "new" MH but it was overlooked. I later visited the parts department at the dealership (Winnebago dealer) and they had it right on the shelf. It was part of our purchase agreement so I can't tell you what it cost.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does anyone know what this is called and where I can purchase a replacement? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alfred, If your dealer can't supply one, its available from MAGNADYNE. I ordered the entire installation deal, remote, mount, IR Eye, and wiring about a year ago, and I think it was about 35/40$.. Call Magnadyne , very cordial and helpful guys. BTW, make CERTAIN your battery is good, and also check the wiring between the IR eye, and the back of your radio. May have come loose..rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:08 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

They have them in stock in the parts room at the factory in Forest City. I saw one yesterday.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:44 AM   #6

Alfred, if you can't find one, I have mine that I took off the steering wheel first thing when we bought this motorhome. I have mine in the glove box I think as I never used it...let me know, I can send it to you. PM me.....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all for your notes - and especially for the offer of a replacement! I think I found the problem - once I got home and dug out my Meter. The battery in the remote was dead. I replaced it with a battery that was known to be good (because I measured it with the meter) and, wallah, all started working again. I'm assuming the battery was the problem after all.

Thanks again for your replies!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">dug out my Meter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alfred, Im glad "your good", but be aware that a voltage meter (I assume thats what your using)will read voltage, but not show what the voltage is under a load, (I suppose you could run a loaded test with one, but not easily) so dont always depend on what it says..a "Known Good" battery is a good solution..best...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
...first thing when we bought this motorhome. I have mine in the glove box I think as I never used it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you remove the remote? I'd like to move mine slightly on the steering wheel.

Thank you,
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote