Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Farkwee:

The antenna warning light is OEM. The light below it warns me when my toad brakes are activated.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Check out the Jensen VR182 Radio. I think this is the model Winnie is using for the 2008 coaches. It's a 1.8 DIN radio. I am not certain that it's a direct replacement for the Magnadyne, but it sure looks close.

If anyone else knows for sure, please let us know (I for one am interested).

Here is the website.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I did some checking on the Jensen V182 and Jensen V185. They are not direct replacements. First, the Jensen radios are slightly larger (Magnadyne is 1.5DIN as opposed to 1.8 for Jensen), but in my case, this isn't a problem. I also found out that they will not control the remote CD changer, so switching to the Jensen means loosing the CD changer or buying a Jensen changer.
The Jensen does come the closest to providing the same functions as the Magna-dye though (weatherband, internal CD player, CD changer control, aux in, etc)
swyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary CA:
After talking to radio shops I decided to replace the Magnadyne. There is such a quality selection of standard size radios I did not want to be restricted to the "Speciality RV Radio."

So for $120 and a little work I made the swap. I used the Magnadyne chassis to assist in mounting the new radio. The standard size chassis fit inside the larger Magnadyne chassis. I bent a few tabs, and trimmed a piece of ABS to fill the inch void and made it work.

The antenna remained the same and the music in the coach never sounded better.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary,
What model number Sony radio did you use for this? I went to Circuit City and they had several different models and since you're install went so easy and thought that I would use the same model.
Mike
Old 02-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Hi Mike: This is a SONY CDX-GT320, Best Buy $95, and $15 for 4 year extended warranty. Good luck with the project.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Nice job Gary. I tried to use the Mag sleeve, but the cd pocket I used was just a bit too large so I used the Sony (same model as yours) sleeve and bent the claws through holes in the the cd pocket to hold them together. It is actually a better fit with a bit of work than the original radio.

-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:38 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -Gramps-... I tried to use the Mag sleeve, but the cd pocket I used was just a bit too large so I used the Sony (same model as yours) sleeve and bent the claws through holes in the the cd pocket to hold them together. It is actually a better fit with a bit of work than the original radio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
where did you get the cd sleeve, and which brand/model was it? so you did not use the magnadyne sleeve...correct?
Old 05-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #28
Winnie-Wise

LandHo,

I purchased the Sony CDX-GT320. This radio comes with a sleeve. I put the Sony sleeve inside my Magnadyne sleeve. You have to bend tabs around out-of-the-way. Then the Magnadyne sleeve fits back into the hole. I used a piece of black ABS to fill the gap. Gramps used a CD pocket. Actually the CD pocket is a better idea. Good job Gramps.....

Anyway, the change over is easy and well worth the effort. Take another look at my pictures. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

LandHo,

Correct, I did not use the Magnadyne sleeve. The cd pocket was from a 1995 Ford Truck/SUV 1.5 din installation kit sold by Best Buy. The Part number is FD1327b made by Scosche. I had to cut the pocket off the frame and then modify the ends of the pocket to make it a bit narrower. Also I installed it upside down, because it seemed to look better to me that way and also because the Sony sleeve had more support on the botton of the hole in the dash.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

This could be a good replacement for the Magnadyne and DHS
Alpine
NuthinFancy is offline   Reply With Quote