Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-14-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

It does not work. With the TV and radio On, both the TV and radio sounds are heard from the speakers. Worked ok yesterday; i.e. no radio heard w/the switch in TV position.

Now I must turn Off the radio or the TV (which I normally do). And the volume level is the same, regardless of the switch position. No big deal, but much higher TV volume is now required with the remote control in order to get some sound out of the speakers. The volume bar is way to the right. Using DirecTV. Same occurs with VCR & DVD modes. Radio (& CD/SAT radio) volume seems ok.

Your thoughts please.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It does not work. With the TV and radio On, both the TV and radio sounds are heard from the speakers. Worked ok yesterday; i.e. no radio heard w/the switch in TV position.

Now I must turn Off the radio or the TV (which I normally do). And the volume level is the same, regardless of the switch position. No big deal, but much higher TV volume is now required with the remote control in order to get some sound out of the speakers. The volume bar is way to the right. Using DirecTV. Same occurs with VCR & DVD modes. Radio (& CD/SAT radio) volume seems ok.

Your thoughts please.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Old 10-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

On my Adventurer, I had the same problem, pulled out the switch and found one of the wires came loose. Slid it back on the switch terminal and it solved the problem. Worth a look.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:52 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Paul: I had checked the wires; ok, secure & snug. Thx.

Thudman

Old 10-15-2005, 06:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thudman,,,On my setup,,,if the switch is on the TV side,,,I have to have the electric switch on House Side,,,not engine side....regardless of where the switch on the dash is the radio will play over the speakers...but the TV will only come thru the speakers on house side...On engine side the sound from the tv will be minimal as it is only using the TV speakers...

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:07 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Hey Guys: Reverted to my old pilot mode (check switches; check circuit breakers). Found the problem. The 12V "Monitor/TV" circuit breaker had popped. Reset & all is ok.

Also found out (thought there were OTHER problems!) that the following items in the One Place panel are also in that bus: House Battery voltage readout (not chassis batt); Water Pump Switch; LP Gas Heater Switch. Whew! Glad I never make mistrakes.

Thudman

Old 10-15-2005, 09:30 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Hey Thud,

Thanks for the solution and good info on all that stuff wired into that circuit. Might save me some trouble shooting time if one of those items causes problems down the road.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote