Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
LCD
Winnebago Camper

radio satellite receiver problem, need help

Hi, I purchased a 2008 Itasca Meridian (39z) last Feb from a dealer. Recently a the service shop in another Itasca dealership printed out the Appliance Model list for my Serial number vehicle. It shows that I have a Sirius radio sat receiver as well as my Jensen vr 182 dash radio.

When I tried to activate the Sirius subscription the radio does not switch on Sirius when I hit the mode button, it simply shows "Sirius ready". I now suspect that the radio sattelite receiver has been removed. Two questions, (1) where is the little reciever box located on my vehicle AND (2) does a dealer have any responsibility to provide a vehicle with equiptment as listed in the Winnebago Appliance list for that serial number vehicle. (I did buy it as is).
Thanks,
Clint Duncan
LCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:58 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I have a similar satellite radio in my 2010 Journey.

There is a cradle in the cabinet above the driver's seat, that a portable satellite radio plugs into. Once plugged in, your dash radio will control the portable unit. It works really well.

Your RV may have the cradle located in a different spot, but I suspect it will be close to the dash area.

(Although I had difficulty at first with mine, the cradle turned out to have a loose connection, and needed to be replaced. All is great now)

However, in your case, I suspect that if you find the cradle, there may not be a radio unit plugged into it. If it is missing, the former owner probably kept it for his car?? As you can remove that radio unit, and plug it into a car kit to use it elsewhere.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2010 tour and installed mine behind the radio. Jensens website or ebay will have the box and wire you will need, its a package deal, it should come with the box and about a 6 foot cord, for some reason I want to say teh box is a 2500 number, Pull your radio out of the dash and look behind there, good luck
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Check for loose connections to and behind the radio if you have the box. I have to unplug the antenna and reconnect it once a year to get good signal. I had to alot of loose connection on my when I first got it.

Doug
sam-tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

LCD, the drawing shows the Sirius Radio Satellite receiver is to the right of the Chassic Control Module which is located in the storage compartment just below the drivers seat in front of the left front wheel.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Well, I can't give you information on where you box may be, but my "Sirius Ready" radio is just that, ready. You do need the module to have i work with the radio. I personally did not want to spend the bucks for that module to only have it work in the MH.

I already had a Sirius for the car. I purchased an extra mount and installed it in the MH. I suction cup mounted the mount to the forward edge of the passenger window. DW has full control, and I am able to glance and see what is playing and the artist. When we are finished RV'ing for a few weeks or month, or when just touring around in the TOAD, I just take the receiver off of the mount and stick it on the mount in the car. I also did not have an antenna on MH. So much for "Sirius Ready," huh? So the kit came with that little round cap antenna that is supposed to be stuck on the roof. I just mounted mine on the dash in the center, next to the windshield. There have been only a few occasions when signal was lost because of our location and direction of travel. That was heading out West. Occasionally we will get a slight "acquiring signal" because of large trees in a forest, but overall it has performed well. JMHO
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

In my 09 Journey, the Sirius radio module is located behind/under the left side of the dash above the freightliner cabling.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, satellite