Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Aspect 30J Infotainment Console Gone

My infotainment console with navigation, radio, and cameras gone. WB said call Riverpark. They are great to work with and are sending ups right away. Does anyone know how to remove plastic dash panel? See pic. None of of my manuals have anything that specific. FYI: don’t ask... all fuses were good. Thank you
The pop.43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
Site Team

The Riverpark system, actually is a Xite system. It’s distributed in the US and CA by Riverpark. The Screen on your dash isn’t the system. That’s just a monitor. There is a Core Unit that powers everything and this is what Riverpark is probably sending.

I’m not sure where your Core Unit is but Winnebago could tell you.

On my Adventurer it’s in the overhead cabinet above the passenger seat. It’s a black plastic thing (maybe 3” tall and 6” wide) the front has a USB port, a SD card slot with a card in it and is slotted for ventilation.

Hope this helps.

To change it out just unsrew it, slide it out and replace the connectors one by one exactly as they are on your OEM Core Unit. Don’t make the mistake of unplugging connectors from the old unit first there are two many to remember how they were connected.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Card on frame surrounding screen

Thanks. The Nav card is on frame next to screen. The indicated it was all one piece. Guess I have a lot to learn. Thank you for the response
Old 07-16-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

See pic of console screen with slot.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:40 AM   #5
Site Team

If the navigation SD card is next to the screen then perhaps yours is different than mine. I know that Riverpark is providing a lot of different Xite Systems to many RV manufacturers. I was hoping yours was like mine. Mine has one large 10” screen and one small 7” screen and the core unit is mounted elsewhere.

It sounds like yours isn’t configured that way at all.

You keep mentioning that you’ve attached photos but there aren’t any.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:57 AM   #6
Site Team

I looked up the Aspect 30J and see you have a more traditional screen / GPS unit in the middle of your dash. I’m not sure how that is removed. Do you have a car stereo installation shop nearby? Since you have a Class C Ford dashboard a Ford dealer or car stereo shop might be able to take care of this for you.

With those kinds of “Head Units” sometimes you remove the surround to get at the Unit and with some others there are special tools that are inserted along the sides of the head unit to release the “radio”.

I’m afraid I’m at the limit of my knowledge of these things. Perhaps some who knows more on this subject will chime in.

Here’s the dash photo I found online:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25689B9D-BE1E-4B64-8389-05BB76D9453E.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	169917  
Old 07-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, yes the pic is correct. I spoke with WB tech this morning for over 30 min and I am quite disappointed that they do not have a procedure for removal. Said he was going to send an email to design engineer. I try as much as possible to have a positive frame of mind with these things as they are pretty intricate with all the systems but that one is a bit perplexing that there is no obvious procedure for removal and replacement.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #8
Site Team

Think about it this way. If you owned a new Ford F150 pickup could you call Ford and have them provide you with instructions on how to remove and replace the Sync Radio/GPS/Monitor in your truck?

There's no reason to get down by all of this. It can most likely be fixed at a WBGO dealer, a Ford Commercial Truck dealer, a car stereo installation center, etc. Basically, it's simply a car stereo head unit installed in the dashboard of a Ford E450 commercial truck. Nothing more than that.

I did a Google search and found a number of guides that were close, but none identical. There are a number on YouTube as well. In most but not all cases on Ford E450s the panel was removed by using a plastic pry tool around the edges of the large black panel to pop off the main panel and then the head unit was just held in with screws around the perimeter. Obviously, you don't want to break anything.

You've not put any info about your location in your profile or your posts. Are you unable to go to a dealer or Ford or even a Car Stereo Installation center (even some Best Buy's have a car stereo installation place around the back).
Old 07-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #9
Site Team

Further searching on YouTube I found one for a 2014 E-Series Econoline van that looks pretty similar. It's not a simple process.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:43 PM   #10
Aspect 30J

The Pop.43 when looking at the photo that creativepart enclosed in his 7-17...8:57AM message. The silver bezel that surrounds your dash has to be removed. To remove, grasp the top right corner of the bezel & pull away from the dash. the bezel is secured by plastic pins behind the bezel. Work your way toward the steering column. RiverPark told me to put the shift lever in its' lower gear and you can pull the bezel nearly off. I could not completely remove the Radio/NAV unit due to the frame in the dash. I was trying to do a hard reset as I lost all functions-nothing on the screen or even the radio.

Good luck in resolving your issue...I found the Tech Dept at RiverPark to be very helpful and willing to share info...more so than the WB customer service. The total unit is manufactured in Korea specifically for RiverPark & it's their brand that they supply to WB.
MovingMann is offline   Reply With Quote